Sunday, February 10, 2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving 2012

 This year I hosted the Chappell Thanksgiving dinner on actual Thanksgiving Day, then the Elwell clan on the Sunday after.  It was a very hectic weekend! I had to work on Thanksgiving morning, plus the day after, plus the Saturday after.  So I had very limited time to make preparations for two Thanksgiving dinners.  Luckily, I have the best families ever and the most amazing husband!

Everyone pitched in and helped out.  The Chappell clan, we had prime rib for Thanksgiving, not very traditional but it was amazing. 

Amid the hustle and bustle of lots of kids and pumpkin pie, I did not take hardly any pictures of the events.  I thought about it, but really did not have the time.  My sister, Rachel, did take lots and lots of awesome pictures though...:)

Here are the annual Chappell traditional Thanksgiving Day pictures....

all the grandkids lined up on a couch...
Emmitt, Brogan, Waylon, Presley, Kendal, Kelsey, Kenna, Taylor, and Brig.

 ....then me and my siblings being dorky.  We really do not get together often enough!  These two hoodlums know me the mostest and understand why I am the way I am.

I love my brother and sister so much.  We don't always express it, but I do love them.  I know that I can call on them at any moment and they woud be there for me.



The Elwell family came over on Sunday.  We had the traditional Thanksgiving dinner.  We had to eat in my garage since there are so many of us.  It was a lot of people but it was a lot of fun.  Once again, everyone helped out so much and it was a great day.

I am very thankful for both my families.  I was born into the most amazing family and I married into a great one! 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You were an incredible hostess and Jared a wonderful host! Thanks for taking it for the team! It was a great time, great dinner, great people. Love you too!!!

Anonymous said...

It was an awesome dinner. I just feel bad because I was so handicapped and could not help. You and Jared were fantastic hosts.

Mom