Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Fun

For Easter this year we went to Sterling to Jared's Mom and Dads home. We met up with Jolene, Dwayne and their girls, and Brenda, her boys and Vicki. It was a fun, cold weekend.

There is an old Elwell tradition of an Easter Egg Hunt-- but it is the hunt of hunts. It has been known that eggs have been found as late as December because they are hidden so well. Jack hid 2 eggs each for the adults and teenagers on his property. Our names were written on them, and if you found someone elses you kept your mouth shut.

So that took up much of the adults time.

Meanwhile, I had the kids color their Easter eggs.









I asked Brogan at the end of the day what his favorite thing was and he answered with coloring the eggs. So I guess he loved it!


All the kids....





Here is Jack-- totally amused at watching us look for our eggs.






Marsha found entertainment in it too!



I also did an Easter egg hunt for all the kids. I made Jared stop looking for his eggs long enough to help Brogan find his. (it took Jared 2 days to find both his eggs).







In the midst of the hunt Brogan tried to climb UP the slide, he fell down and bonked his face on the side of it. I had to assess the damage.....



I really didn't think that he hit that hard and kind of brushed it off. He has a giant black and blue cheek now and I feel really bad because it probably hurt really bad!








One of the prizes that the kids got was these bunny eyes. They called them "bunny vision" and thought they were great. Brogan wanted to sleep with his on that night.



Gus, Kelli, Brogan, Jaylynn, and Taylor



It was also Jaylynns birthday that day!


So we celebrated with cake and ice cream.


Thanks Elwell crew for the fun weekend.


I realize that I don't have too many pictures of the adults-- sorry! I guess we are not that entertaining!



3 comments:

Julie L said...

I really like the idea of involving the adults. Only then who takes the pictures? But two eggs, only two and hidden really hard? Yeah. That sounds super fun!

Poor Brogan, though. Hope the bruise goes away quickly.

Mom said...

Looks like a fun, fun time. I love the idea of the adult hunt. The pics just say it all, great time.

Rachel said...

that is a sweet slide - they don't make them anymore with more than 3 steps, but sorry Brogan got hurt on it. Isn't that how it is? You love on them a bit and wonder why they carry on until a few days later when the bruises show up?!?!?!
Glad you had a nice time!
Did you find both of your eggs???