As you may know my little Brogan is almost 3. It's killing me.
He is growing up so fast. I think I figured it out.
He grows, and grows, and learns, and figures so much out and I can't keep up.
Then he stops for a bit and I can breath again.
Then he starts growing more, and using more words, and figuring out more and I can feel my heart being pulled.
Being pulled because I love seeing him grow and learn. I love watching his little brown eyes flicker as he is trying to do a new task all by himself. But I also want my little, tiny chubby Brogan back that needed me on a different level.
I still know that I am needed--it's just different now.
I am needed to make the dark rooms not scary.
I am needed to pet his imaginary puppy that he is holding.
I am needed to be watching him when he says, "Mom-did ya see that?!" when he does a new trick.
I am needed to give loves when the scooter gets the best of him.
I am needed to get his tractor unstuck when he gets high-centered on the curb.
I am needed to be a magical mom with a bag full of tricks.
I am needed to save him from the imaginary green tiger that lives in our house.
I do love all the things I am needed for in my sweet (almost) 3 year olds world.
It is so much fun to play with him and see his imagination run wild. For instance, the other night an elephant stole my eye, then gave it back but it was green, because it was covered in snot.
I just want these times to linger on and go far too slow. I am not ready for the next level of "Mommy needs" that come with little boys.
I kiss his round cheeks too often for his liking, but not enough for mine.
But I know those cheeks won't be round forever and he won't want kisses from Mommy quite so much.
Paul and Tamara
13 years ago


4 comments:
Awwww- so sweet Tori. It's so sad having them grow up, but so exciting too.
Ahhhhh, so sweet. And yes they grow up so fast. When you come home from the hospital with the new baby, Brogan will have grown a foot.
Enjoy this time, cause you can never get it back.
I am just dieing with laughter - covered with snot, oh how all boy! He is so precious. I think every stage is wonderful, but this age (aside from the tantrums) is absolutely charming!
You are an amazing mom to that sweet little, but getting bigger, 3 year old!
Post a Comment