He took them to the store to help them buy the lemonade and the cups. We made the "invest" their own money. They found the posterboards at the house and set to work on them. I think they did a pretty good job!
So, of course Saturday was shot for sales, so they went on Sunday. Yep, and they set up their stand up right across the street from the church. Maybe they were sent to test the Sabbath spending of the Mormons!

Here is a picture of our church right across the street....
We had them take a walkie-talkie and we had one back at the house. The comments coming across the air waves were pretty funny!
They had a couple of guys just give them money and didn't want the lemonade. The let us know, "Its ok, they were Mormons. I repeat. They were Mormons!" Not sure how the girls know to spot a Mormon, but they were sure of it!
They each made $5 and change. Not bad for Sunday afternoon sales.




2 comments:
ten four good buddy, watch out for the mormons pouring out of the building, it is 1400 hours, and they are hungry!
I remember my first lemonade stand!! We made lots of money due to the constructions on the road at the time.. We lived on a corner plot and some of the people just felt sorry for us and gave us sweet memories of their own and then their money money money. It was all about the money for some reason I thought we would be rich after our first enturpenture day Oh I am sure I killed that word but I'm glad I had fun
Post a Comment