Friday, December 16, 2011

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving this year, we got together with my Mom and Dad. It was technically their "off" year, and we were homeless for turkey dinner. We decided to not be traditional and eat turkey. We thought and thought and thought about what to eat.

We finally came up with prime rib. My Mom talked to a lady in town that owns a restaurant and she ordered AND cooked it for us. All we had to do was go pick it up that day.



It was honestly the BEST prime rib I have ever eaten! And I have eaten a lot of prime rib. I was happy to bypass the pie and eat more beef!

This is our Thanksgiving party. My parents, Jared, Brogan, (Brig was napping), and my Aunt Nellie.

My dad also made some awesome dutch oven potatoes! To die for! I think I would be happy to boycott turkey every year.







On Saturday, we went over to Jared parents house and had dinner. I was bad and didn't get my camera out. We had a great time and made the boys play charades with us girls. I think I peed my pants at least 3 times, and snorted several times. Just ask my mother in law to give her charade for Peter Pan. But be ready to laugh so hard you pee!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

that prime rib looks so RED!! wow! I think I would have made myself happy with the dutch oven tators!!

Mom said...

Rachel, it was VERY red. I took the end piece, and still had to cook it more. But everyone else loved it, and that's what really matters. I enjoyed the pasta salad, and rolls. Lol