Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Temple Lights

Last night, Jared and I decided that it would be fun to take Taylor up see the lights at Temple Square. (she is staying with us all week--I have no idea where her mom is, she just hurriedly dropped her off Monday and said she would be back Thursday. Maybe, she will never come back....) anyway, yeah sounds like fun. We decided that we would eat dinner at the mall across the street so we could all get what we wanted-a special treat! So, as we are driving in downtown SLC, trying to pick the correct road to go up for the easiest parking at the mall, we realize, as we are driving past a HUGE hole in the ground, that there is NO CROSSROADS MALL ANYMORE! Seriously, who rips out a giant mall?
So we decide to eat at a random JB's because we were hungry and navigating up there consists of driving around the same block 11 times. As we are parking, we ask the attendant dude how long the mall been gone. He said since February. Really?! I can not believe that it has been gone that long, or maybe I live in a deep dark oblivion, that knows of nothing that goes on past Draper! So we eat, and it is a success because Taylor looooooved her french toast that she ordered. Anyone that knows her, knows that her eating her dinner is a huge success!
So we walk across the street to enjoy the beautiful Christmas lights and Christmas spirit..... yeah, freakin' right--that is sooooo not possible with a 6 year old girl, who has the attention span of a gnat ( I do love her). She was way more interested in kicking the snow, throwing ice chunks into the fountain, jumping on rocks, undoing the velvet ropes by the Christus statue in the visitor center...... the list goes on forever.
So not the experience I was hoping for. I couldn't look at the lights, because I had to keep my eye on a little girl in a pink coat who refused to hold either one of our hands. There were tons of people up there and she was oblivious to that fact. She would walk in front of us, then stop, and I would run her over, and she would walk in front and cut across anyone.
By the time we left, Jared and I were at wits end and onery, Taylor was whiney cause we had pestered her all night trying to keep track of her, and her face had somehow gotten magically covered in mud, I have no idea how.
So Merry Freakin' Christmas!
note: make the temple square thing a couple's date!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pics of the lights were georgous.
Sounds like Taylor will enjoy it when she a bit older?,,,,,, lol

acrane said...

Tori
you are so funny. That sounds like taking paige and Lainee any where. I know exactly what you went through.
Well hope things are going great
Merry Christmas.
Stop by if you come down
Love ya
AManda

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the pics are pretty cause I did not take them! I had my camera but no "picutre" moments came up. Those are pictures that I downloaded from the internet!!

Rachel said...

hee hee hee
Motherhood, isn't it incredible?

It truly is, but you have to have moments, no hours, no days of that kind of torture so you can enjoy the blissfulness of all the other days!

Thanks again for the chuckle!!

Jenny said...

Merry Christmas to all! I think any activity should be a couples only activity... Children should be seen and not heard, therefore they should stay home with the teenage babysitter!
Very funny Tori, funny also that you had no idea the mall was gone... I remember seeing on the news a big chuck of the mall falling on one of the constuction loaders.
Points to you for taking Taylor out on the town for a lovely, eventful Christmas adventure...