Thursday, December 20, 2007

I hate being sick!

Being sick and pregnant does not go together very good! I have this cold, sore throat, cough, crappy feeling stuff going on. It started with an icky sore throat, then moved to my chest last night, now it is everywhere--I think that it is this whole systemic thing going on!
In order to sleep better last night, since my standard Ny-Quil is now a no-no, I did the Vicks Rub on my feet. Holy crap--I might not ever do that again--only is desperate times! I went to sleep pretty good, no coughing going on--then the weird, psycho dream-like-hallucination state started. Totally weird dreams, I swear that I woke up twice, once at 2 am and then at 4 am, but when the trance wore off it was only 12:30am. My feet felt like they were sprinklers dripping with hot eucalyptus water--my whole body was sweating. Not cool! No coughing, but last night was the longest night ever!
Today, I feel like someone beat me with a bat in the night. I walk like an old lady that has had both hips replaced! I would call in sick, but I always seem to have jobs where that is not an option! I really, really, really wanted to--but then who would scan my patients? No one else there knows how to run my machine--so here I sit feeling like 10 lbs of boiled owl shit shoved into an 8 lb. bag!
I have looked on-line to find out what medications are safe for me and this little boy--Smith's is my first stop on my way home!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

You make me laugh so hard. I am sorry I laugh at your expense, but you are funny Mrs. bag of owl dung! I hope you do get feeling better, really.
I am sorry about your hallucination nightmares too. I did the vicks on my feet last year and it didn't seem to phase me in any way. Maybe it was your dinner that brought the crazy dreams!

Anonymous said...

AHHHHH, big huggs,,,,,, sorry your sick,,,,being sick is bad enough, but sick and preggo is terrible.
And yes, your story telling abilities are great,,sorry that you had to go into work, hope tonight is a better night.

Jenny said...

I personally like the Tylenol cold or .... there is another one, I will find out and let you know. I would assume that the owl dung is only temporary and that your patients are very understanding of the owl dung/vicks smell at work.
Hope you feel better soon...

Oh have you tried the warm shower fizz things, with methol... SOOO NICE!
~J

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the love! I slept tons better last night and feel pretty good today-at least partially functional.
jen-I saw that shower stuff when I was buying my meds but I didn't get it. At least now I know that it is good.

acrane said...

Tori
Hang in there its so worth it look at my cute little bundle. WEll have a Merry Christmas Hope to see ya soon.
Amanda

MiStY said...

Tori, I say you're stinkin funny. At least you're not up all night sick yourself and with a sick kid. Believe me I know it sucks to be the sick one and preg, until it's your kid/baby and then the hallucinations start to happen with your eyes open cuz there's no zeez. Winter will be over before we know it and soon you'll be on your cruise. There is a bright side:o)