Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Caribbean!! Here we come.....

In exacty one month from today, I will be boarding the Serenade of the Seas to embark on a Southern Caribbean cruise. It is all I can think about, some days it is the only thing that gets my lazy butt out of bed. I am not looking forward to Christmas, other than the fact that once Christmas is over, I am that much closer to leaving to Paradise. For those of you that know me well, know that the Caribbean is my hot button! I live for it, love it, and would be willing to move there! So you all get to deal with me posting about the Caribbean for the next month, and then when I get home you get to see all my pictures! Sorry......
This is my 4th Caribbean cruise in 4 years! I told you that I love it! I have done the Eastern/Southern twice--with some different stops in each one, and the Western once. Not a huge fan of the Western--sorry Mexico. I am traveling with my awesome husband, of course, and his two brothers and their wives; Jason and Brenda, and Mike and Patty. I am way excited!! Our stops include: departing from San Juan, Puerto Rico, to St. Thomas, to St. Martin, Antigua, St. Lucia, and Barbados with one day at sea. I have not yet been to Puerto Rico, St. Martin, or Antigua.
This is a picture of our ship, it is the Serenade of the Seas from Royal Caribbean. We all have balcony cabins on the 7th deck.
First stop, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas. This is a picture of the bay where all the cruise ships dock. Usually there are quite a few, we are arriving on a Sunday, and they usually don't have too many on Sunday. I hope that it is not too busy. I have been to St. Thomas 2 other times, so we are going to take a ferry over to St. John to visit Cinnamon Bay.


Ok, the picture below, is not Cinnamon Bay, that is coming next. This is Trunk Bay, on St. John. It is a very popular beach on that island. St. Thomas is very touristy, but still absolutely beautiful--I am choosing to go to St. John because it is a little more laid back and not very much building has went on there, alot of the island is a national park.
Ok, this is Cinnamon Bay. Jared really wanted to go there because of Kenny Chesney's song "Old Blue Chair" talks about Cinnamon Bay.

I've read a lot of books, wrote a few songs

Looked at my life - where it's goin, where it's gone

I've seen the world through a bus windshield

But nothing compares to the way that I see it

To the way that I see it, to the way that I see it

When I sit in that old blue chair

From that chair I've cought a few fish and some rays

And I've watched boats sail in and out of cinnamon bay


That is why we are going there. It is a very nice beach, with water sport rentals, a beach bar, a restaurant; has things you "need" without being a complete tourist trap.
Well, thanks for patronizing my Caribbean fetish!!

Seriously, everyone close your eyes, well just kidding cause then you can't read.....ummmm close your ears... concentrate...yeah, now if you try really hard you can hear the sound of the ocean in the background, maybe a bird chirping a sweet song, smell the salt water in the air, feel the warm sand in your toes (ignore the fact that it is sticking to everything--your are enjoying this), the hot Caribbean sun beating down on your body, a cold, fruity drink in your hand, the sound of a Bob Marley song playing in the background,

Rise up this mornin',Smiled with the risin' sun, Three little birds

Pitch by my doorstep Singin' sweet songs Of melodies pure and true,

Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou:")

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,' Cause every little thing gonna be all right.

"Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Now seriously, if that doesn't make your heart just as happy as a duck in a puddle--then there is seriously something wrong with you!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhh, I am jealous,,,, and yes, I know I was invited,,this was just not the time.
Sometimes at night when i cannot go to sleep, I just close my eyes and listen to the ocean,it is a wayyyyyy comforting sound (says this one that never gets in the ocean) but I do like the sound.
Anyway, I hope you have a,,,(yep, I am gonna say it again) super-cali-a-fragilistic-x-pe-ali-docious good time!!!

Krista said...

Sorry Tori, but having lived there for six months I would have to say that I am really not that jealous. I will admit that I sometimes miss the beach, but it only lasts for about five minutes.
Anyway, I hope that you have a fabulous time.
BTW...When do you find out what you are having?

Rachel said...

I am a duck in frozen MUD puddle right now with all the snow I get to tromp through!
I never knew where Cinnamon Bay was, so thanks for the Kenny info. Love that song!!
I haven't ever really heard the Marley song, but you make the lyrics sound good!
I am glad you are getting excited. You need to get away and have a super..cali..frag..... good time.
You are my Caribbean connection, so take lots of pictures!

Anonymous said...

Krista-
I am having a boy. What are you having?

Anonymous said...

I am jealous and a little bitter. Amanda sits with her head hung low in her corner on a cold black chair infront of her small computer screen wishing she was in Tori's shoes...but without being preggers. Have fun and can't wait to hear all about it. Someday I may be out on the sea...someday:) Beautiful pictures BTW!

Krista said...

Congrats on the boy! How exciting! We are having a girl in about a month. I can't wait! I'm very ready to meet her, but we still don't have name.

Jenny said...

Tori I am jealous of the fun you are going to have too. So funny that Krista feels that way. Have you found out what you are having yet???