So do you think that for my next dr's appointment
they will let me weight myself like this?
Life would be a little better to handle if they could. My last appointment was a bit scary. I can NOT believe that I am admitting to this, but I gained 8 lbs in 2 weeks!!! Is that really humanly possible? The little M.A. that weighs 80 lbs soaking wet, with ankle weights on, said to me, "Are you feeling a bit puffy? Maybe you have retained some water." Seriously, what do I have -- 5 gallons of water......in each leg?? I kinda wanted to induce bodily harm to the little squirt. I am having water retention--you can see the imprint of my socks for at least an hour after I take them off, my watch band leaves a mark, etc. But I truly wanted to yell vulgar language when my weight popped up on the screen of the scales.Everything else is going very good. I believe that if I go full term, he will be a VERY large baby. I had the ultrasound tech take a peek, and I was technically 33 weeks 4 days, but his head measured 36 weeks 1 day. So I have a baby with a giant noggin. That was all she measured, I was mainly wanting to make sure that his head was still down, cause I wasn't sure if he flipped.
I would be ok, actually thrilled, if I went 2 weeks early. Knowing my luck, and the fact that my husband is usually right, I will go a week overdue-like he predicts. He doesn't realize what a mean, mean statement that is!


7 comments:
Oh,,,, Tori, (((((((big huggs))))
I know how fat and clumsy you are feeling,,, but still, you DO have away with words, that makes me giggle at your stories.
Hang in there,to me anyways, the last couple of months were the worst time for me,,I always said i would have had more kids if i coulda just ordered them from a catalog,,,,, Hang in there, its almost over.
Hey Tori,
Don't worry, it only gets worse! My second to last checkup I gained 6 lbs in 1 week. At the end I looked like I was walking on tree trunks my legs and feet were so swollen. I was wearing flip flops in 30 degree weather because none of my shoes fit! But now 2 1/2 weeks after the baby, my legs are looking quite scrawny!
Tori, You are so funny. Your mom is right the way you describe and put things onto paper, just makes me giggle. I think you should have taken that "cute little 80lb M.A. and put her on your feet like the scale in the first picture or maybe even sat on the dear and then asked... do you feel the water gain now!"
I am thinking end of April, 26th of April is my guess.
All is well sista, that little 80 pounder only bothers you right now, 3 weeks after that baby comes out, you will feel much better about all those little girl-adults. I promise.
I am thinking a week early, honestly. I will be so jealous too if you do go early!
Ok, so we are making bets here??? I pick, April 20 (cause that was my moms birthday ) and its a good even day.
Tori, those 80 pounders have nothin on ya. Theyobviously haven't had the joy of the water gain and the big headded swimmer in their bellies. I think your little picture is hilarious. I would have loved to been on the scale like that :o) The fun part of putting on the weight is watching it fall off in a matter of minutes... don't worry, you're in for the fastest weight loss of your life too. In minutes you'll lose at least 20 of those lovely pounds and in days you'll lose bout that many more, ther are some positive things to it all.
I think you'll be about a week early myself. I think you'll be doing a scan or something and your water will break...Good luck girlfriend!!!
Buttons,
My Mother in Law was born on the April 20th as well. Her mother passed away the next day! Not sure why I am telling you this, but then again, it is me! Grundy...
Post a Comment