Thursday, April 10, 2008

37 weeks!

Here is supposedly what my belly looks like at this point. I personally feel that it is a little off for my circumstances. For one, my belly measured 41 weeks this morning, and we all know that the baby has been measuring big, but hey--at least its a general idea!
I had my 37 week check this morning. The doctor said that I am probably measuring so big, because the baby "floats" up a little out of the pelvis at night. Ummmm....I don't think there is that much room in there to be doing swimming lessons! He also tried to minimize it by saying that it measures everything in my tummy, a full bladder, stool, or a big breakfast. He really didn't know what to think when I told him that I just peed in a cup for him, I don't need to do #2 and I haven't eaten anything yet today. Why can't they just admit that I slightly resemble a water buffalo? Is it really that hard to say, "yeah--you are HUGE!!"
So anyway, he did the whole check thing, and I am dilated to a 3 and 90% effaced. I am happy with that. I have had two fun-filled nights full of false labor. You know, contractions about 20 min. apart, wallering around in bed trying to not wake the hubby, peeing every 45 min., feeling like someone whacked you across the back with a baseball bat. Pure fun! So at least I know that all sleeplessness was productive somewhere in my body. By the way, I am grumpy when I don't get a full nights sleep---and emotional. Just about as bad as a schitsophrenic 15 year old teenage girl on hormones!
I know that I technically have 3 more weeks, but God-willing, lets all hope that he comes sooner! My doctor just told me to wait til either my water breaks, or I have contractions 5 min apart. Anyone up for a 4-wheeler ride this weekend?

7 comments:

Rachel said...

"wallering" I love that word.

You are doing so good! Nobody said anything about a water buffalo by the way. you look great, but I remember the feeling. You forget that feeling by the way, it becomes a little munb spot in your memory!

Hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

Tori, Sorry I have missed my oppourtunity to place my bet but I KNOW he will have the same numbers as me; 8lbs 8ozs.On April 28. When we stopped by your house last week you didn't look any bigger than you should for being 36 weeks along. If had been eating a lot of elk, Like Angie was with our kids then I would say something around Waylon's size. I swear the elk had something to do with it. Or I guess I am not a Heifer bull.
Anyway good luck and talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

(With the bigggest lisp i can produce),,,I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!!

acrane said...

Tori
You crack me up I know how you feel the last couple weeks drag on but hey after they are born I swear time flies. You will ahve so much fun being a mommy and after its all through Its so worth it. well hang in there can't wait to see ya and little brogin soon
Love amanda

Anonymous said...

Well, with the new info now...I should have moved up my due date for ya. I so remember those sleepless nights. Someone once told me it was mother natures way for pre-paring you for those all night feedings you will be doing when the baby comes. It certainly helped in a weird way.

Hope everything goues well and I can't wait to see this little guy!!!!!!

Jessica said...

I hope your little baby comes soon! This is so exciting! I hope the labor and delivery go smoothly...good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.