Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Time Machine

We were driving in the car with Taylor and Tylee, the neighbor girl.

This is what I hear,

Tylee: "Wouldn't it be so cool to build a time machine!!"
Taylor: "Yeah, and we could go back in time."
Tylee: "Yeah, we could get all the pennies that we could find and go way, way, way back in time and buy tons of stuff and them come back with it."
Taylor: "Oh yeah, that would be so cool!"
Tylee:"My dad said that he could buy candy for a penny when he was a kid!"
Taylor: "Yeah, we could go way, way back in time to when our parents were kids!!"

Really? Am I that old? Yes, I could buy penny candy. Yes, I could get a can of soda and a candy bar for $1.06.

But I did not ride a dinosaur or even a horse to school. Yes, Taylor has asked both!

I actually would love to ride in their time machine and go way, way, way back in time to when I was 9.......

I would ride my bike all over town. I would go riding horses with my favorite cousins. I would eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with Kool-aid under the trampoline. I would go build a hut out in the sage brush and Taycee could be the princess. She was always the princess. I would climb my Grandma's apple trees and get the good ones at the top. I would go swimming til my fingers and toes were so crinkles up and I had no energy left.......

...... I think I might go work on that time machine tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is still a little girl in all of us that would like to go back in time to our favorite momentWhen you get the time machine done let me know.
I'll come up or you could beam me up Whatever is easy est for you I love kids and their sweet honesty
Love Mom E

Rachel said...

Lets go play in the canal too when you get that machine figured out. Or just jump on the tramp ALL DAY without wearing out, peeing our pants, or getting a headache.
I love it

Jenny said...

Oh you just made me feel young again. I remember riding that old dino, wait I am not that old either. :)