Friday, February 25, 2011

We are Family......

Sing it with me now......

We are family
I got all my sisters with me
We are family
Get up everybody and sing

We are family
I got all my sisters with me
We are family
Get up everybody and sing

This song always makes me think of my Mom's side of the family. We don't get to see everyone all that much, so when we get the chance it is great! My cousin, Phillip, son got married, so it was the perfect excuse to see everyone.

Prior to this wedding, my Mom hadn't seen her sister for about 2 years, and all of us cousins have been pretty hit and miss for the last 4 years. Yes, we are spread out all over.

And personally, I think we are a good looking bunch of people!!!!!!

Doug, Me, my Mom, Phillip, Rachel, Brad, and Aunt Sissey

We were missing my brother Glen, and my Dad to make to clan complete (well, besides the other cousins).

Here are just us "kids". At least that's what our mom's like to call us, even though we are all 'grown-ups' too.


Aren't these men so handsome???

And then us Chappell girls..... sorry it's not the best picture, but it will do.



Even though these cousins didn't just live down the raod growing up, and we only say each other once a year, I have some of the best memories......

* My Aunt Sissey always stopped at the cheese plant on her way into town and bought curd, oh how I looked forward to sharing a curd tummy ache with her.

* I can still smell her mouthwash.... and I loved watching her put her make-up on in the morning, she was sooooo glamorous to me.

* Or when Doug put on some sprinkler boots and there was a stinkbug inside and he was running around yelling about the cockroaches-- I had no idea what a cockroach even was.

* I remember being really, really scared of my cousin Phillip cause he was so big (muscley) to me and I hid from him behind my mom's house.

* I always had the biggest crush on Brad-- he was soooooo dreamy, and it made it worse cause he was so nice!

* Even though it has been around 17 years since my Uncle Phil died, I can still hear his laugh--it is forever in my head, and I love it! He had the best laugh ever!!

There are sooooo many more great memories with these great people. I hope they all know that they are loved and respected by me. Even though we are unable to get together all the time, I do love the times we do get together.

3 comments:

Mom said...

You will always be "our kids".
I can vividly remember you in the bathroom with Sissey as she put her makeup on. You were so mesmerized by it all.
Nice pics too, they are good ones.

Mom said...

You will always be "our kids".
I can vividly remember you in the bathroom with Sissey as she put her makeup on. You were so mesmerized by it all.
Nice pics too, they are good ones.

Rachel said...

I remember uncle Phil's hair for some reason, I thought it was awesome! And also some very cool toothpicks Sissey let us have once that Phillip had brought back from Japan - I felt VERY cultural!
good times good times
what a great family we do have!