Monday, May 16, 2011

Flying High

What do you do when the wind ruins a perfectly nice spring day?

You get out the kites!!

I had forgotten I had bought the kids these kites, and luckily Jared remembered and got them out to try and have a little fun on a blustery, windy day.

The kids thought it was great. Well Brogan's attention span matches his age, so I ended up flying Lightening McQueen most of the time, but he still had fun.






My little Taylor!




He would forget to pay attention to his kite because he was much more interested in Taylor's!






And of course, with all kite flying excursion with kids, there is bound to be a moment of a tangled mess! Then Mom is needed. I did my work and untangled Lightening McQueen from Yoda and they were back at it!





3 comments:

Julie L said...

GREAT IDEA! The day was perfect for kite flying. Looks like everyone was having a great time, too.

Mom said...

I should have taken advantage of the dang wind. Instead I was a couch potato with chocolate and a book.

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness he is getting so big! That picture of him holding his string just makes him seem like a boy, not even a little boy anymore!!

glad you made lemonade with those lemons