Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ackerman Reunion

We were invited to the Parley and Diantha Ackerman reunion. Parley and Diantha were my Grandma's parents, so it was pretty much my Grandma and her siblings posterity.
There are 3 siblings still with us:

Aunt Jalene, Uncle Boyd, and Aunt Melba.

Sadly, I really didn't know a whole lot of people from the other families. It was really good to get to know 'new' people, even though they are really family. We had a great time chatting and eating.

......and it was a good excuse for us to get together!



Aren't we some HOT mamas?!?! If ya all knew,how many takes it took to get this picture, you would probably die laughing..... we wisened up and put on our sunglasses.


Cute Kelsey and cute Jared. (I could squeeze her silly in this picture she is so cute)



In meeting 'new' cousins, we got to talking to Kent. Now of course, my Dad knew everyone there and was talking to them all, but I didn't. Kent is my dads cousin and we found out he has a cherry orchard!! Don't threaten us Chappell's with a free bellyache.......


.....of course we went afterwards and picked us each a small bag of cherries.


I am not sure if I am trying to look happy in this next picture......I think it showing my true feelings of being 8 1/2 months pregnant in July!



Then, Rachel told me to be sexy!


Ha ha ha ha!!!! Do you see Jared snickering as he is looking down?!




Then we tried to be sexy together......


Do we look sexy or hungry?







Oh look, there is a monkey in the cherry orchard!!!!



Here is a closer view of said monkey-- she is a keeper!



and then there is my little monkey......




Thanks for the good time Rachel and Mom and Dad! It was nice to giggle together for an afternoon!

Thanks for the pictures Rachel!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

So funny, I just blogged this event and then I read yours. Ummm, we did almost the EXACT same post - pictures and wording and the whole deal. I guess we are more alike than I thought because our brains work the same. Your 'fixes' pictures are cuter than mine though!
It was a fun day, thanks for sharing it with us!!

Diantha said...

I actually thought that one of you had just copied the other one's down.

Anonymous said...

I think that you and Rachel look like you belong on the cover of the twilight movies w/ your cherries and sexy looks.

You guys look cute

Love ya, Misty