Thursday, August 11, 2011

Summer Evening

Last week we needed to get out and do something, anything. We didn't have tons of time to go too far, so we went to Pleasant Grove Manila Creek Park. I had remember seeing something in the newspaper awhile back about it.

They stock the pond with 10,000 trout. There is a fishing area, and a roped off swimming area.
The kids loved it! We fished for a few minutes, then the kids got bored and wanted to go play.

I only have a dirty look on my face because I was looking directly into the sun. I really am a happy mamma! Notice, B wouldn't even look at the camera.


Taylor and Tylee (the neighbor girl)



Brogan was inspecting the worms. He thought they were pretty cool, but didn't really want to touch them.



Like I said, the fishing didn't last long since they didn't get a bite in the first 30 seconds and they knew that there was a place to play in the water.


Which they really did have an absolute blast!


Doesn't his smile tell you that!



My Missy Moo-- (wow she is growing up!)


She loved playing the mud.

Showing their sassy side.....



They didn't want to stop their project long enough to even look at me and smile.

Way too busy for that.




It was a gorgeous evening. So nice to sit on the grass and watch the kids play!









In case anyone was wondering.....


this is the view of looking at my feet at 9 months pregnant.











Jared and I got in -- a little ways. That water was COLD! Way colder than the kids made it look!





3 comments:

Julie L said...

Perfect time of the evening for terrific photos! I didn't even know that place existed. Looks like you all had a great time. You do make a gorgeous pregnant lady, by the way.

tiffany said...

we've been feeling the same way, that we just HAD to get out! What a fun park. We might have to venture out that way! You look darling! You are almost there sister! Good luck!

Mom said...

It looks like a good time. Perfect for a summer afternoon, and evening.