We loaded up and drove to Rachels house and had a yummy lunch with her family. Then got everyone in their warm gear for the sledding part. The getting on the warm gear might have been a mistake because it was NOT cold on the train. We were actually right by a coal stove, so we were pretty warm the whole time. We even cracked our windows open a bit to get some cold air.
Here we are all ready to go.

Brogan and Emmitt are quite the little buddies.

and of course Miss Kelsey and Miss Taylor.

Rachel and Matt (see the stovepipe right behind them)

Miss Kendal has been my little buddy lately. I am not sure if it is me that she likes, or my baby. But either way, I will take it.

Jared and Brig. Brig didn't last too long. The train lulled him right to sleep.

This next picture captures the pure excitement that was coursing through Brogans little veins. This was right after the train started going.

Little Brig sacked out. He woke up for a few minutes when the train stopped by the lake and they had to bring the engine car to the other end of the train, but then fell asleep again.

Seriously, this little boy was in heaven. He is giggling so hard because the train blew its horn.

and he loved looking out the window.

Mr. Emmitt is quite the little ham! I just love this little boy to pieces.

The ride by the lake was a very pretty one. I enjoyed it, the kids were ready to get sledding though! We got off the train at Soldier Hollow and rode a school bus (yes this was a perfect day for Brogan) up to the tubing hill.
I didn't get tons of sledding pictures because I stayed in the lodge with Brig until Jared came and traded me off.
The kids had tons of fun sledding even though the lines were long.





I did go down once with Brogan. They have the little ones in their own tube, but you hold on to their rope. Kinda made me nervous, especially when we were going down the hill backwards. He loved every minute of it but he was getting cold because it was getting late. So after we got down the bottom and he got some snow on his tummy, I had the bawling kid. He was crying and saying he hated the cold. It was great fun. So we went inside and warmed up with Brig and Jared and waited for the rest of the crew to come in.
We caught the school bus back to Heber City, then went and filled our empty tummys at The Dairy Keen. It was a perfect day spent with my sister and her awesome family. I love making "cousin memories".


2 comments:
I agree with Brogan, I hate the cold, but it looks like they all had a good time. I love the look on his face when they blew the whistle, and Emmitts face with the sunglasses propped on his head. Priceless pics.
great times, thanks for the brilliant idea and making us actually do something fun!! It was wonderful, and you are right, making cousin memories!
Post a Comment