Ringing in the New Year!
For New Years, we decided to plan a little get away with all the Chappells. After lots of brainstorming, we decided to rent a cabin for the weekend. My wonderful mother found our home for the weekend. So, all the Chappell families loaded up and went to Duck Creek to ring in the New Year.
Now my family, the Chappell clan, are pretty hard to get all rounded up together in the same spot for an extended period of time. Between forest fire season, a very busy vet, some Harley riding grandparents, and all the other work schedules and school activities...we are a spread out-spread thin group. New Years just happened to work for us all.
So here are some photos from our weekend o' fun......
Two of our cousin, James Brush's, kids, Clayton and Wade, came up to hang out with Waylon. They were tons of fun. So glad they came, they may have been traumatized by Rachel and I's pure lady-like display.....but I think they still had fin.
Cute boys after a bath....
Grandma with the two littlest ones, Miss Kenna and Mr. Brig.
My brother....... I have no idea what he is doing with a giant knife and a crazy eyes look!!!
Love this man!
There was lots of cooking going on. We were never without plenty of food.
and of course.....
SNOW FUN!!!!
Jared took Taylor on a fun fun snowmobile ride.
We found ourselves a great little sledding spot. Lots of fun!
I love this next picture of Jared and Brogan...
Thanks family!!
I really do have the best family ever. We are all a little quirky in our own funny ways, but we are family. It was so nice to get together and spend time with everyone. We definately need to keep it going....
......but next time, Dick Proenneke can stay home! hee hee hee


3 comments:
Oh, what a fun new tradition!!! It's been forever since I've been snow sledding. Think I need to do that again! Haha - I'd break the sleigh for sure.
It was so fun. Lotsa good food. Good time. Great, wonderful, awesome family!
Mom
Seriously? Dick can stay home??? Ouch ouch ouch. I was just thinking about throwing him in this afternoon and watching sweet high-waters Dick! lol. It was a great time, you took some wonderful pictures!
Post a Comment