Friday, November 9, 2007

15 weeks!!

I am now 15 weeks prego! Sometimes it feels like it is flying by and other times it feels like FOREVER!! I am feeling very good, pretty much normal--there are a few bodily functions that are still messed up. Such as: I pee all the time; can we say gassy?; my boobs hurt occasionally; my tummy is starting to pooch out--more than just chubbiness; I sneeze alot; wonderful bleeding gums; just to name a few.
This is an excerpt from babycenter.com where I go everyday for info and prego/baby stuff.

How your baby's growing:
Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")

So that's the update on my uterus. And yes, I still always peek at work with the ultrasound machine. You all know you would if you could. I love to watch my baby wriggle around. I still don't feel anything yet, but I know that it is coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apple size right? I always did like the name Apple, even before skinny bum blonde Paltrow named her little girl Apple.
It is crazy to think the baby is that big and you still don't feel it. Wait for hiccups, that is absolutley amazing!

Anonymous said...

Yyayayaya! Tori updated her blog,,,It's been gazillion years since i was pregnant,,,,, but yes,,,, i remember the feeling of IT moving,,,so awesome.
I am glad you fianlly get to feel all these awesome feelings.
Huggers!