Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Deer Hunt!

We went hunting up on Soapstone Basin. It was colder than s*@# up there! I have honestly never had a colder camping trip. Saturday we were stuck in our trailers cause the wind was blowing so hard and it was snowing alot! White out conditions. So we went in a trailer and played Texas Hold 'Em. It was so cold that night that we let Donkee, our dog, sleep in the camp trailer with us and that breaks all kinds of personal rules. Everyones water froze up, our toilet froze up--it was cold! We still had a really good time. At our camp was Jared, Me, Taylor, Jared's dad, Mike (his bro) with his 2 daughters and a boyfriend of one of them, Jared's friend Troy, his wife Veronica, and their 2 little boys. All in all, 8 tags.

This is Jared's truck when it got high centered trying to go where a kick-ass Jeep could go. His dad had to pull him out.











This is a little 2 point that was shot. Taylor was so excited to touch it's eyeball--that was the first thing that she did when she got over to it. I was impressed with her bravery.











Here is Jared with all the kids. Yeah, I know he is a little 2 point. We were all teasing that it was like shooting a German shepherd, cause he was so small. He didn't go down easy though. He was hit 4 times to go down. One gut shot, 2 in the lungs, and 1 in the neck.







Right after the deer was shot, we were headed down, and I could hear a hissing sound out my window. Well, a fallen tree branch caught the valve stem on his truck and ripped a hole. It also ripped off the hub cap. So we got to change a tire on a cold, snowy road. Jared's truck had quite the weekend!








This is Donkee sleeping in her snow cave that she made. I felt really bad for her. But it didn't seem to bother her that bad. Half the time she was rolling around in the snow.








We had a really great time and we are headed back up again. I hope that it is not so damn cold this weekend. I will be honest, I was sooooo ready to come home when we did. I was losing my patience, I definately did not win the mother of the year award on this trip. I have to tell one story. I made Taylor a ham sandwich for lunch one day, I am in the trailer with completely muddy floors, in my snow clothes, worn out, anyway--she asked me to cut the crust off the bread. So not the thing to ask for. So I said, (in a nice sugary voice) "Honey, I am wearing the same clothes that I was wearing three days ago, the least of my worries is your crust. Eat around it-welcome to the deer hunt." Is that aweful or what? I hope that fact the I made her favorite, Ramen, for lunch the next day redeemed me.

3 comments:

acrane said...

lookslike fun I am glad it was you not me
amanda

Anonymous said...

Dang that looks cold!! I was home with the furnace on!!
That picture of Donkee is so darn cute! I don't think dogs are cute, but that one is. She is a good dog.
I love the bread crust story. You so made me giggle, I am still giggling about it actually. You are a good mom, don't fool yourself.
Have another great weekend. Hopefully this one will be warmer.

Anonymous said...

Oh My,,,,, That looked soooooo cold,,,,, holy hell! not my thing.
And the bread crust made me giggle too.
I think we should all pool our money, and go to Jamaica for the winter,,Now, thats my idea of fun!