The 75 car was fast, and the 44 car was very fast--he was the guy from New York. His pit was next to ours so Jared was able to talk to him a bit. Very nice guy. His car is a 2007, he is sponsored by Henchcraft, the maker of the chassis, so he is hooked up. His motor is a Rosson engine, which is very good, and he runs a methanol package.Jared took 5th place in the Friday night Main Event. I think that is pretty damn good, out of 24 cars. He was the only Utah driver in the top runners. The main was 30 laps, they are used to running 20, so it was very exciting. Only one car was wrecked that night, Suzy, the only girl driver was launched and flipped. That night, #44 lapped most of the people on the track. Jared and the other top 3 cars were next to be lapped, but luckily it didn't happen. His average time was 16.2 seconds per lap!

Saturday was a COLD day and the wind was blowing for most of it. They had 4 heat races again and after making a few minor tweaks to his car, Jared took first in his heat race. The car count went down a bit, due to one guy leaving, cars getting injured in the races, and such that the total car count for the Main Event was 24. They pick random numbers out of a hat for their line-up place. Jared didn't get a very good one. He was behind alot of the fast cars, so he had a challenge. He ended up placing 5th again in the Main Event, which I was very happy with. He was the only Utah boy to place again. Acutally the top 5 cars were the same both nights, just 3rd and 4th swapped. He scared me a few times, and I screamed. He kinda ran over #96 and I thought he was going to wreck, but he pulled out of it. Leo Hardy, a member of the Utah club, had a bad wreck and ran into the wall and rolled a few times. Jared was not getting along with #16, a dirty driving SOB from Colorado. #16 kept purposely bumping Jared when he would try to pass. I wish a flagman would have seen it and black-flagged him, but that is only wishful thinking. After the race, Jared pulled up to his car and gave him the California wave.

We had a very fun weekend at the races. I look forward to next year and Jared running hard. I love to see the excitement in his eyes when he races and the pure man-joy he gets from driving fast and being competitive.
These are the pics that I got off of caveart, they go down and take pictures during all the races. My internet at home is being tarded again, so I will post some of my pics when I get the chance.
Thanks Mom and Dad, for coming out and supporting Jared while freezing your hinies off. We appreciate it and I hope that you had a good time. Thanks Jason for all your help in the pits and on Jared's car. He loves spending time harrassing you!


3 comments:
We enjoyed it very much,,,,,was exciting and fun.Huggs to Jared!
Awesome pictures and good job Jared. He told me on the phone he placed 5th, he didn't tell me all the other interesting things! So thanks for the low down Tori! By the way, you sure can talk racing talk, 'methanol package', 'chassis', 'SOB', and a few more things that made me chuckle! Good Job Jared. Next year, that is all I have to say.
Hey, you woudl be surprised of all the big racing words that I know! Well, I might know the word, but not actually the meaning! I really have learned alot about it since Jared and I have been together. I was even a helpful part in getting his car ready. A hose was cracked in his fuel tank and his arm wouldn't fit in the hole. So instead of ripping the tank apart I got to stick my arm in the tank and somehow, hook a hose back up, then stick a wrench in there and tighten it with one hand--not being able to see what I was doing! I was quite proud of myself.
Post a Comment