Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Onery Ol' Tori

Do you ever just have those days that you honestly wake up on the wrong side of the bed? That for some reason, the day just starts out really crappy and then *poof* instant onery. That is so today for me. Here's the story:
I fell asleep last night watching the first episode of season 5 of The Soprano's. Totally didn't mean to but the eyelids were heavy. I woke up when it was over and had to get the scoop from Jared of what I missed. My back was killing me yesterday, so my sweet husband massaged it for a few minutes. Went back to sleep, cause I had gotten ready for bed before watching TV (I knew I was going to fall asleep). I woke up at about 2:00 drenched in sweat, I have no idea what was going on with my body, but I was soaking wet. In my sleep, in total irritation, used the sheet to wipe myself dry. *note to self--change the sheets tonight* Then I laid there for awhile and couldn't go back to sleep. Finally drift off and of course, I have to pee. I got up, took care of business, and went back to bed. I got to sleep and then had some CRAZY dreams! Can't even explain them, but they were disturbing and my sleep was restless. Then the sweet sound of the alarm clock at 6:30. I hate that machine! Whoever invented those aweful noises that come out should be locked in a room with 100 alarms going off as their punishment. Anyway, I am the queen of snooze button, so I push it, and it goes off again, push snooze. I am laying there dreading to get up, half asleep, and Jared's phone starts ringing.
Ok, so maybe I have my own rules for phone etiquette, but here it is. Unless you are missing body parts, dead, almost dead, just killed someone and need help, DO NOT CALL ANY PHONE THAT LIVES IN MY HOUSE until at least 8:00. And calls should not happen after about 10:30 pm. It is a good thing that the cell phones sleep on Jared's side of the bed, because I would have ripped someone's face off! Seriously, I am not a morning person. I had a pager for too long that went off at all hours of the night, and I am very scary when things like that happen. So the phone call was Jared's friend Ryan, who I can hear, and his voice is a chipper and awake and stuff. Ewww. He wanted to know if Jared could help him put a dog run together tomorrow. Really, was it that important to call so damn early! So my morning did not start out smooth, to say the least.
Then Jared asks me what he could do for me. I told him that it would be great if he could go to work for me, or do my hair either one. He said that he would go start my car and get it warmed up, and I asked if he would gather up some snacks for me, since I am now a grazer. He agreed. So I do my hair, get dressed, blah blah morning crap. Jared hasn't moved. Put shoes on, deodorant, all the good stuff. Jared hasn't moved. My blood is getting a little hot. He rolls over, I think that he might be finally getting up, not really, but I say "don't get up, don't bother", in a not-so-nice tone. He is apparently taken back. So I proceed to tell him that "the thought was nice, but don't bother cause I am running late and you will be moving too slow for me, but love ya." Yeah, not-so-nice onery Tori. I went down and fixed all my stuff, then went back up and apologized for biting his head off. I felt guilty. But my day is still crappy, and I am onery, just onery inside. Good Ol' Onery Tori!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the world of pregnancy with the crazy dreams and hot flashes! It sucks when I don't get my desierd hours of sleep. And nothing is worse that heving to wake up to an alarm clock. I agree with the phone etiquette. I had a visiting teacher that would call me at 7am because she said that I had babies that were probably up by then. After I put her in her place she never called me again before 9am. I may be up but the last thing I want to be is pleasant on the phone!! I am soooooo not amorning person. Hope you day gets better:)

Anonymous said...

I kinda giggles At your story,,,I know you hate mornings, and alram clocks, and phones that ring early,,, i feel exactly the same way. But still, the way you tell a story is funny. Hang in there girlie, it DOES get better,,,,, not for awhile but it will,,,,go home, give Jared a big kiss,,and hug,,,,,, and just know,,,,,, there is always tomorrow! *S*

Anonymous said...

WOW,,,,,, i need so get spell check,,,,,,,,, sorry bout that.

Rachel said...

You are so funny. I love your language. I will keep in mind your accepting phone call hours, believe me!
You just totally make me laugh. I think I dig your spunk.

Anonymous said...

See? Tori,,,, You could make a groovy writer,,,, You do have such a way with words,,,,,, I love it.