I have a little less that 12 weeks left. Time is flying by so fast. But, I have had a very rude awakening.....I was talking to a friend at work who is also pregnant and has a 2 year old. She mentioned that she would love this baby to come 3 weeks early like her first did. Ok, that's fine....but then I thought about it.....this baby could actually come early? Holy crap! Yeah, the idea had crossed my mind, but not for awhile.
The issue here is that I have been doing a countdown to delivery.....right now I know that I have 12 weeks, so my stubborn self says 12 weeks--no more no less. Yeah, yeah I am coming to the realization that I have absolutely no control---it could be anywhere from 8 weeks to 14 weeks. And this is why I am mentally hyperventilating and breathing into a paper bag! My house is sooooo not ready for baby to come yet! I know, you are all saying, "you're never truly ready for a baby"....but seriously, my downstairs is partially framed for a bedroom and bathroom, still needs sheetrock, paint, carpet and all that crap, and the baby room has all the crap in it that will go in the downstairs room. We gotta finish the downstairs, move all the crap from the baby room to downstairs, then strip wallpaper (cause it's ugly), re-paint, get it ready and so on and so on. You get the picture? So I am medium- freaking out in my head. Not to mention, that I am getting bigger and bigger by the second!! I don't really like to pick things up off of the floor anymore-I grunt cause it doesn't feel good. My previous super-far-innie-belly-button is on the verge of "outtie-hood"!
So, there ya have it---I am not ready for baby and I won't be ready in 8 weeks--he needs to stay in there and be happy for 11 weeks and 3 days--cause that is what I have been telling myself!
Mexico
15 years ago


6 comments:
Tori,
You say that now, but in about ten weeks you will be wanting that baby out as soon as possible, regardless of how your house looks at the time. You'll have plenty of time after the baby comes to get the house ready. They don't take up too much room at first. Just take it one day at a time. Soon that nesting instict will kick in and you won't believe how much you can get done!
Keep telling yourself that, 11 weeks and 3 days, over and over, tell yourself and maybe he will listen. I doubt it!
Holler when you are ready to paint, we will come down and spill paint and smear poop into your carpet. Lotsa help!
Don't stress,,,,, that lil boy will not know if his room is ready or not,,,, and besides,you will probably have him in your room for the first lil while anyway.
I love to paint, I really wanted to paint girl colors but I can do a boy room!!!! I will get a sitter, or if it is poop you need Kendal and Jack are a great team, brown on the walls and floor!
PS I agree with Krista now that I am on my 4th child. First Child I felt like I was taking good care of it in my belly...
Tori, I think that 12 weeks will go fast, but seriously by the 10th week you're gonna be really gruntin and a cussin' cuz you don't wanna be prego anymore and that's exactly when he'll decide to stay in for the whole 40 weeker. Have you really thought about how scary the birth part might be? That for me is what kept me saying, please stay in a little longer. The ending is inevitable and great (once it's over) but yeah, just keep telling yourself good things. Why don't you let us help when we're there for the shower? I think it would be great fun to paint and move stuff or whatever and I promise not to bring a poop spreader with me :o) as fun as that might be....
Oh yeah, you've been tagged. Go to my blog and read and follow the good'ole instructions (if you want) and have fun.
Post a Comment