The other night Jared was framing more downstairs, so I decided to start cleaning up the spare room upstairs that will soon be the baby's room. I had to take care of some extra blankets, find a new place for all of our luggage to be stored, etc, etc. This room has kinda turned into "Jared's spare room" because one of his gun safes is in there, and a dresser stocked clear full of "hunting" clothes--seriously, every drawer is full, and a bunch of other crap, I mean stuff. I have told him several times that we need to start getting it cleaned out. The closet has some of his clothes in it and all of his racing stuff, so I would like him to deal with it, so I have patiently left it there.
Well, in my cleaning effort the other night I made the mistake of looking under the bed. I had no idea that the whole bed had crap, I mean Jared's stuff, crammed under there. I didn't pull anything out or take inventory or anything, just kinda giggled to myself. I went downstairs, and kinda nonchalantly said, "hey, there's a few things under that bed up there, that I didn't know was there, where would you like me to put it?" He stopped working, looked me in the eye, and in complete seriousness said "Don't touch my gun stuff" I had to bust out laughing, cause he was so serious! I told him that I wouldn't dream of touching 'his gun stuff'. I think that when he moved into my house he had to store his gun cases and 'stuff' somewhere out of sight so I wouldn't realize how much he actually has. He probably thought that I would never look under that bed and discover everything he had shoved under there. I guess it is my fault, cause I always tease him about all of his guns and weapons and ammo and hunting clothes and "stuff".
So I am wondering if anyone has ever come across a secret hiding place of their husbands--please share....
A little side note about taking care of your spouses "stuff".....Jared decided to take care of some of my little treasures from life-----let's just say--the dressbag that my prom dress was stored in, is now a sleeping bag holder and my prom dress is draped over the couch--cause he thought, the dress was going to DI--not in this lifetime! So now I get to find a new storage device for my prom dress while the sleeping bag, that is relativey self contained without the dressbag, sits comfortably in that bag!
Paul and Tamara
13 years ago


4 comments:
I think this is an interesting phenomena how the crap (I mean stuff) of a man is supposed to be considered untouchable to anyone but them, but in all reality it usually really is crap with a capital "C"!
As for me, my hubby likes to put his little stash piles in extra closets, inside boxes, or in any empty space on the desk. I'm not gonna lie to you, it drives me nuts! So, what I do which is worse than what you did (which was quit nice I must say) is that I don't even mention the fact that I've come upon his junk and then after it's been there for approx. 3 months (after much patient waiting) is that I just kindly dispose of it him. Either it goes to the DI or it takes a little trip to the dump! I figure if he hasn't needed it for the whole time that it's been sitting out in the way, then he won't need it ever again in the next century that it would sit around the house had I not taken care of it for him :o) I might be mean for having this logic to the whole hiding your shiz thing, but I think that it works pretty well as long as he doesn't know that it's my way of taking care of it and should we say cleaning house? P.S. I hope your not stoned... The baby might not like it too much, but I do think that pregnancy does wierd things to your brain. As for the dog, I think it's too much licking on a certain body part (if you know what I mean)
Matt does not even try to hide his stashes. One look at the bottom of his side of the closet will double someone over in laughter or disgust. Also, the stash by the fridge. That is his space, I am okay with that. But the other day it was piled so high on the counter I could not open the cupboard above it. So that night there was a jar of peanut butter on the counter that did not get put away and I told him why - because I can't get into the cupboard anymore!!
I better stop or I will get heated. What he does not know though is that there are 4 boxes of his crap (mostly mail) that I take off of his pile every now and then and take downstairs. Misty, if I threw anything away you would be coming to my funeral!
I chuck it all, I play the dumb wife, he gets mad at half the stuff he is missing, the rest he has no idea!
Mail on the other hand. I keep it and save it and keep it and box it and stack it and shove it, kick it then hit it. Give it to him over and over. Finally he goes through it and throws it all away! MOSTLY.
His hiding places mostly are at the airport (where he hides the plane he bought without telling me) and his office, his car and truck.
I also chuck it. What he doesn't know won't hurt him or me. My husband picks up trash and calls it "antiques". After verbalizing one day that there is a reason that he can't find his "antiques" he started stuffing them in his dads sheds. I no longer have to deal with them. As for legitmate stuff that he piles, I kindly put it away and if he doesn't touch it within about 6 months, it goes to the DI or dumpster. Men just don't realize how much help they need organizing and de-junking!
Post a Comment