Thursday, May 8, 2008

Introducing.....

Brogan Tuv

May 01, 2008

7 lbs. 10 oz.

20 inches





This is me about an hour after he was born. I am smiling like that

because my in-laws brought me cheese-fries, which is what I

had been craving all day during labor.

Jared, Taylor, and Brogan


This is just after his first bath at home, he wasn't too sure about that!


Well, everything went really well for me. I didn't know what to expect, since I had never done it before. I woke up with contractions, I had an 8:30 dr. appointment, so we decided to go to that even though we knew that I was in labor. He checked me, I was at a 6 and he told me to go straight to the hospital. I was hungry, and told the doc that I wanted breakfast first. He told me that I couldn't eat, cause I would puke. Well too bad, we went to the Chevron and got a drink and some donuts and I am so glad that I did! I would have starved. We went to the hospital and they hooked me up to all the monitors and stuff. Me and Jared played Rummy to pass the time. At about 12:30 the dr. came and broke my water, that was a funny experience! I swear there was 10 gallons in there! I just laid there and giggled as water poured out of me! I flooded the bed twice, and the floor as I attempted to get up and go to the bathroom. I was giggling the whole way across the room (it was a huge room) and made big puddles on the floor.


At about 3:30 I got the epidural. The contractions were starting to get pretty strong, and I was getting irritable. I did not like getting the epidural, the effects were wonderful, but actually getting it sucked. Then it only worked on the right side at first. That's a weird feeling, to have a contraction and only feel it on one side. I think I was at an 8 at this time, so I consider myself tough.


At 5:00 the doc came in and checked again and said that I was at a 10 and it was time to start pushing. The nurse explained a few things to me, and got stuff set up and I started pushing at 5:30. I pushed for quite awhile, cause he was born at 7:49. I had a hard time getting him passed my pubic bone, cause he was facing sideways instead of down. Once the dr. came in and turned him; not a fun experience having a head coming out and a whole hand going in feeling around the head; then he came pretty fast.


We are doing really well. My milk has come in, I think that I have enough to feed a small village of children. Luckily, Brogan latched on great right from the beginning. He has been a good baby so far. I am blessed to be the mother of a beautiful, healthy little boy. Life has definately changed, but it is nice even though I am sleep deprived, feel like a milk truck, and hormonal. I wouldn't change a thing. Jared is a wonderful husband and dad. I couldn't ask for anything better.




11 comments:

sinika said...

Congrats Tori! Brogan is a little cutie! Sounds like your getting the hang of things and I'm so glad the nursing thing is working out. I'm so excited for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

congraduation he has such good skin tone and really cute. do some pics of his room. oh by the way you look great also. cant wait to see him in person.
kaye valdes

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tori and Jared!! Brogan is a little cutie! Its nice to finally see him other than ultrasound. You both look great and I can't wait to see him! Hope things continue to go well!

katherine said...

yea, congratulations! you look terrific! hope all continues to go well and that you start getting some sleep!! take care and happy baby!

Rachel said...

I can so imagine you two playing rummy, honestly - so funny!

What a cute little pile of baby you have, he is a sweetheart and his sleeping sounds make me happy!

Keep feeding the village, it will get better soon!

Krista said...

Soo cute! Congrats Tori!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the little one, cuz! Little boys are fantastic creatures, enjoy! My little boy comes home from Iraq on the 20th of May, so I'm extremely happy. I love the name you've picked out for your "bundle of joy." Again, congratulations!

MiStY said...

Tori, I love the pictures. You look beautiful Girl!! I'm still laughing at the puddles on the floor :o) You know exactly how to tell a good story. You look like such a natural. Is "it" all you thought it would be? It seems there's so much to get used to that you don't realize how much work it is huh. ENJOY!! Keep the pictures coming and I think I sense a mushy side growing on you. The ending and your tribute to your awesome mommy is showing your tender little heart. You'll be and you are such an awesome mom! Good Luck

Jessica said...

Hooray!!! He is beautiful! What a handsome baby...it looks like he might have your gorgeous brown eyes. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

SO beautiful!! What a darling name. Glad everyone is healthy and doing fine. I can't wait to see more pictures. You look fantastic. Way too cute to just have had a baby. I can't wait to meet little Brogan....oh and you too:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tori, Jared, and Taylor. I'm so excited for you. Enjoy him now while you can. Love Nikki