Thursday, November 11, 2010

4

Happy Anniversary to Me and Jared!

4 years ago today we were married.

Wow, seems like yesterday...... then I sit back and look at all the changes....

Taylor was a chubby cheeked little 5 year old girl. Now, she is a beautiful, talented 9 year old. It seems that she has grown up so fast.

Brogan was a wish. We had hoped that we would be blessed with a child one day. Now we have a fun, adorable, sometimes naughty 2 1/2 year old.

Jason was the best man at our wedding and made an incredible toast in our behalf. Now he is a treasured memory that we hold so dear to our hearts.

Jack and Marsha lived just 5 minutes away and we could drop in at anytime to say "Hi". Now they live almost 2 hours away, and we realize how much we took their presence for granted.

There have been a few additions to both sides of our family, little nephews to love on.

Miss Shelby was an angel here for us to love and cherish, now she is an angel in heaven to watch over us all.

Two Grandmas passed away, to join the loves of their lives in heaven.

We have made so many new friends over the years.

We have endured a rollercoaster ride that would make most people ask to get off. But not us--OH NO!

We just hold on to each other, relying on the other to get us through the scary parts, knowing that if we can get through the downs, the ups are so great. Yes, the downs have been pretty down, but the ups--- oh the ups have been so awesome!!!

We have learned so much about marriage, committment, sacrifice, love, tolerance, and strength. We have learned about each other and about ourselves. We have learned to rely on each other when we do not feel strong and to be that pillar of strength when it is needed.

I can't wait to see what the rest of our lives have in store for us! I am confident that we can weather anything life throws at us because we have each other, our immediate little family, and our amazing extended families.

Jared,

I love you. Thanks for riding this crazy ride called life by my side. You are my best friend and I appreciate you as a husband and dad to our children.

Love you more today than yesterday, but less than tomorrow....

Tori

5 comments:

mom said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you.
Tori, you have such a way with words,,,I wish I could put my feelings and thoughts into words,as easy as you make it seem.
4 yrs down,,but in the blink of an eye,,,it will be 40, so cherish each day.
Love you both
Mom and Dad.

Tacey said...

Happy Anniversary! You and Jared are great for each other. You guys are like puzzle pieces that fit perfectly and won't come apart. I love you guys and your cute family. Many more years to come!

sinika said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Your post made me cry. I love it. :)

Rachel said...

Geez, you know how to send the tears rolling!
Happy Anniversary - 4 years, that is crazy how quickly time flies. You two are great, super great and I love you both.

Julie L said...

What a sweet, sweet post! Life just rolls along and we feel carried on its tide sometimes. Thanks for the reminder that it is all good, even the bad. I agree with your parents. Cherish each day. Speaking on the side of 40 yrs - it is pretty awesome when you're in love. Happy Anniversary to both of you!