Wednesday, November 3, 2010

40 years

Better late than never.....

My parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary on Saturday!

Congratulations Mom and Dad!!!

I think that I have the most awesome parents ever! I am sure most people think that about their mom and dad, but seriously, my mom has "Groovy" tattooed on her arm.... that is a cool mom!

They were married 5 months after my mom turned 17 and 6 days before my dad turned 18. They were very young, but did it because they wanted to. They attended their senior year of high school as a married couple.

It is amazing that they have fought through the ups and downs of marriage for 40 years and came out on top. Most people that get married that young never last. I think that they are great!

These two fit each other so well, and I think they know each other better than than they know themselves. I think it is fun to watch them interact and hear them talk about the small things in life.

My Dad is an amazing man and has taught us the value of work ethic, honesty, and standing up for what you believe. He has shown each of us kids what it means to be a good husband and a good dad. I know that he would conquer the world if he had to for his family.

He is an awesome grandpa (Bampa M to Brogan) to all of his grandkids. Each one of them think the world of him and love to spend time with him. He is willing to get down and play on their level and what they like. He is so patient with each of them.

My Mom is a groovy lady. Groovy is the best word to decribe her. She has taught us to be true to yourself and what you like, even if you want to shave your head or dye your hair purple. See, I told you, groovy!

She has supported my dad in his life goals and also is a hard worker herself. Everyone in their community LOVES her! She has shown us how to be an awesome wife and mom. She was the best at make-believe when we were little. Just ask Glen, she was going to throw him and Rachel in the stove playing Hansel and Gretel!! Scared him to death. She made the best 'Matilda Carmichael'. (you better be giggling Mom and Rachel)

She is an amazing Grandma (Gramma Muttons to Brogan) to all of her grandkids, and each one think that they are her favorite. She is the best!

I hope my parents realize what awesome people they are and they have done an exceptional job going through life, working, raising 3 kids, and helping raise 7 grandkids. They are respected and loved by everyone that knows them.




Mom and Dad,
Thanks for being my parents and sticking through the downs of marriage (everyone has them) so you can enjoy the ups of it all! Thanks for sticking to your guns when you wanted to flush us all down the toilet and raising us right. I think, but I may be biased, that you have raised 3 great kids! Thanks for loving and supporting us through all of our ups and downs of life and giving the best advice ever!
Here's to 40 more! LOL!!! (that would be cool)
Love you the mostest,
TORI

7 comments:

sweetpagene said...

flanagan thinks they're pretty darn cool, too. :)

mom said...

Ahhhh, thanks Tori.
I was giggling, and also crying a wee bit too.
I think we raised 3 awesome kids,despite not knowing what the hell we were doing.
Thank so much for the tribute,its easy to be "cool" when we have cool kids.

Talbots said...

I have to agree with you! Your parents are cool, amazing people! Congrats on 40 years!

Julie L said...

Congratulations to your parents, and lucky you to have them, Tori! I was still 18 when Brent and I got married, but had a year of college behind me - my only year of college I might add. And we're celebrating our 40th next June, too. I heard the naysayers. So happy to have proven them wrong.

MeriAnn said...

Congrats to your parents! They are pretty great people!

Anonymous said...

Marion & Buttons
Congratulations for 40 years that is awesome and not an easy task to prevail too!! I think you are both wonderful and we have both enjoyed getting to know you better.
Jared is so lucky to have found your great daughter Tori Thanks for the example and hero's you have been to her Jack & Marsha

Rachel said...

ahhhhh