
I put the cone on right before I took the picture.
She got the fantastic haircut the day before.
She was sedated for the haircut due to abscesses that have formed on her body.
I am sure she still might be hungover from the sedation.
I have been shoving antibiotics down her little stinky throat for a week.
My sister called it tough love. But do dogs really understand tough love? I know they totally embrace unconditional love, which she has for me. But I sure hope she might understand that I am doing all this seemingly torture for her benefit. I hope she knows that I unconditionally love her too.
So here is the story on my sad-eyed dog.......
She is 9. Which isn't old, but isn't young in dog years. She still wants to be young and tries to act young, but the poor thing is going blind.
She runs into stuff...... the curb, my legs, camp chairs outside, Brogan, etc. She lives with her blindness pretty good, so we are dealing with it.
Well, a bit ago we noticed a big yucky sore on her tummy. We assumed the FedEx truck or something tagged her and it was a little bit of road rash. But it just wouldn't heal. The sore finally healed over but she still kept licking and licking at the spot. Then we noticed another one, by her back leg.
We have been hit with shedding season for Donkee and it is hairy. Literally. Hairy. I can get a furball the size of my head easily brushing her about every 3rd day.
While brushing I found yet another one, pretty new and gross. So we did what I always do when Donkee is in need of some TLC--- call Dr. Crane. He prescribed an antiobiotic and said to watch her. Well, it's hard to watch something that is covered in hair. Just can't see past the fur. So I decided I wanted to shave her. Knowing that she wouldn't allow a friendly shave job with sores all over her, I opted to go visit Dr. Crane and his family and have him sedate her for her haircut.
I think I am brilliant. It worked out well. She got shaved and neither I nor Jared was bit in the process.
Dr. Crane (I just love calling him that) looked at the gross sores and pronouced them as abscesses. He told us to put on a "cone of shame" so she will stop licking them, keep shoving the pills down her throat, and lets hope they heal up.
I sure hope it all works! I do love my Donkee Dog!


3 comments:
Ahhhhh, it does look so sad. Can't be a bit of fun. Hopefully the Meds will work.
Poor Donkee
So how many channels can she pick up?????
She does unconditionally love you, that is for sure. She knows about tough love, I promise.
I hope things clear up too, for poor Donkee's sake and yours.
Dr Crane, I call him that when he is in trouble, like when you use a middle and last name with a child!!
Post a Comment