Thursday, November 17, 2011

Deer Hunt

**my pics are a little out of order

We had a great time on the deer hunt. We were able to stay at Jack and Marsha (Jared's parents), which was nice with little Brig. Taylor was disappointed that we were not doing "real" camping.

I was not able to go out hunting a lot, but when I did it sure was fun!

Here are some pics of me with my kill.......


We love each other.



Jared and his kill.....





Taylor was so excited to help me skin my deer! She didn't help Jared because she was out with him when he got it, so she was in the house thawing out and resting (too early of a wake up time for her).




We had such a fun time. When I got my deer, it was just Jared and I out. We only saw 2 other hunters the whole time we were out that day. I guess it helps that it was Wednesday. We saw some bear tracks, and that kinda freaked me out. They were all around the gut pile from Jared's deer.... we knew they were close, so we got out of there fast. From the prints, it looked like a sow and cub. We know better than to mess with a mamma bear!!!


It had snowed the night before and was so beautiful up on the moutain in the fresh snow with only animals tracks. My little buck was the only one with antlers that we saw that day. But I enjoyed riding around the serene mountains with my sweetheart!




2 comments:

Julie L said...

Looks like you had a great time. All the years I went hunting, never got anything more than cold. Not sure I'd know what to do with it if I got one, anyhow.

Rachel said...

You skinned your own deer? Then you bottled your entire deer? Plus Jared's? You are a Goddess, an amazing she-God!