Tuesday, May 29, 2012

First Camping Trip of the Season


We didn't do any camping last year due to being really busy at the first of the summer, then me being too pregnant to venture too far at the end of the summer....so we promised Taylor we would go camping at soon as it was warm enough.

So the last weekend of April we went out to Vernon Reservoir.  It was a birthday camping trip for Brogan and Crayton, our good friend.

The weather was pretty good, a bit of a chilly wind, but we had a blast.  Another couple, Chris and Denise, and also our neighbor Wes came out. 

We camped right next to the water so the kids could fish whenever they wanted and we didn't have to worry about them.  We also went on a 4 wheeler ride.

My most favorite part of the trip was the fact that I never heard "I'm bored" from my kids.

This is Crayton, the birthday boy.


 Wes and Brig.


Brig was a little trooper and did so well!  He did spend the weekend in pajamas so his legs and feet didn't get cold.


Harley and Taylor.

It was nice to have another girl Taylors age so she had someone to play with.  They had a blast together.


Here is Blaine, Craytons son.




Chris and Denise brought their little electric motor fishing boat.  The kids had a blast fishing from the boat.  Brogan wanted to go for a ride so bad!  So Chris took us for a ride and Brogan was all smiles the whole time.  We chased all the ducks and watched them dive in the water. Kaycee also came with us.



Such a cute baby!


I just had to take a picture of my little man.  He sat there just watching the water for awhile.  One day, when I have a minute, I will edit it so it looks cool.  For now, we just get the unedited version.


It was a great weekend spent with friends. 

3 comments:

Mom said...

Looks fun. I especially loved the last two pics. The Brig and Brogan ones.

Rachel said...

Love all those pictures. I also love that Brig wore pjs to keep warm - that is so classic for May camping! The only way to keep them warm!!

Julie L said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend! I think the weather was definitely better the end of April than it was over Memorial Day.