See that sweet picture of a sleeping baby on the right side of your screen? Yeah, right there. Well, that is a figment of my imagination--it doesn't happen too much anymore.
I am raising an insomniac!!
My little boy doesn't like to sleep anymore. He is just too busy to take or nap or go to bed, or anything that would constitute his eyes shutting for an extended period of time.
Really, it's true!
I will give you a few examples:
Example #1
Last night: We went out to Jared's brothers house to see them because they just got back from Palm Springs. Brogan had had a little nap during the day, like an hour. He fell asleep on the way out to their house, we left the car running and let him sleep for about 30 more minutes, just to catch a few more zzzzz's. I went and got him out and he played and crawled and had a great time.
We go home (its about 10:30 pm), he falls asleep. Wonderful, we can get home then just transfer him from his carseat to his crib.
Yeah, no!
Not so much--the car turns off and his eyes pop open.
Ok, so I change him into pajamas. He is wide awake. So we fold some laundry, get ready for bed, crawl into bed and watch TV. He is just content to sit there and chew on his toy, whack Jared in the face, crawl around and play.
Crap! What are we going to do?! It is now like 11:30. I gotta go to sleep.
Disclaimer: Brogan does not sleep with us, never has, never will. We were just too damn lazy and didn't want to listen to him cry while one of us tried to rock him asleep--cause he was NOT tired!
So he kinda cuddles up to Jared, and Jared turned the TV off and it is pretty dark in our room.
I couldn't help but giggle....
Brogan just laid there, playing with his feet, and clicking his tongue, one of his new tricks, for about 15 minutes, til he fell asleep.
It was annoying cause I was tired and wanted to go to sleep, but it was so cute to lay there in quiet and hear him click his tongue every now and then.
Jared waited til he was asleep, then took him to his crib. But once Jared laid him down he started crying, which brings us to example #2.....
Saturday night: We went over to some friends house to swap pictures from our Fishlake trip. So Brogan had been boycotting naps all day again .... and deep down the little fart was tired.
He plays around, flirts with all the women, tries to eat the puppy, you know baby stuff.
Finally, with a bottle he went to sleep in my arms. And I mean asleeeeep.
Out, gone, wobbly head, saggy cheeks, drooling asleep.
So I take him to a port-a-crib that they had set up for him upstairs. Totally flops when I lay him down. Perfect, he is sawing logs.
About 30 minutes later, screams fill the house. He woke up and was not happy. I went and got him and he finally went back to sleep in my arms. The second I would even think about laying him back down, he would start to cry. I didn't even have to hardly move, just thinking sprung the tears.
So we went home.
It took awhile for him to let us lay him down, but he did go down.
Example # 3
Naptime: does not matter what day, but lately naptime just isn't cool in his little 10 month old mind.
Nope. There is toys to chew on, stairs to climb, crackers to eat...
..don't bother me, I am playing.
My night owl of a husband has met his arch enemy--a night owl of a baby, who likes to hoot on the nights Jared wants to sleep....
Paul and Tamara
13 years ago


3 comments:
so not funny but i am laughing at you. Sorry sorry sorry.
He is so stinking cute, how could you get mad at him and call him a little fart?
I realy do sympathize with you, really. It is just nice to hear it all from you!
Rachel
It only gets better!!!!!
You do make it sound funny,,,,,,, All I can is,,,,,,,,I'm sorry,,,,,, and when he comes to visit gramma, its ok about no naps,,,,, but he soooooooo needs to sleep all night.
Good luck!
Post a Comment