Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sweet Surprise

I just got the best surprise ever!

I was dinking around on the computer, looking up activities at my local rec center, and pulled up the calendar of events, and to my surprise I saw the prettiest words ever.....

Daylight Savings Begins

....this Sunday! Whoa!

It was like the heavens opened and the angels were singing Hallelujah!

I am so freakin' excited that the time has come to Spring Forward! I could care less that I am going to lose an hour of sleep. I won't be able to sleep anyway, I will be like a kid at Christmas!

I am so done with winter.

Done. DONE! Cold, dreary, blah blah blah winter.....

Bring on the colors of spring, the smell of grass, the warmth of sunshine, kids playing in the sprinkler, birds singing, BBQ's with friends, the smell of methanol at the races, smell of campfire smoke, boating, kids playing outside til its dark, dogs barking, all the sounds and smells of summer and NOT winter!!

I am so desperate that I wouldn't even mind a few mosquito bites to deal with.

So, hooray for daylight savings!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes,,,Yes, and Yes to everything you say,,,I spend my summers dreading winter,,,,,and my winters awaiting for summer.
So I say,,,,,,,,COME ON SUMMER,,,,BRING IT ON,,,WE ARE SOOOOOOOO READY.

sinika said...

I had no idea when Daylight Savings was- so thanks for the info! So excited!!

Rachel said...

A - freakin - MEN!

You make it sound so glorious, almost as good as I have it imagined in my mind!

I have been looking forward to March 8th for a good 2 months already!

Family of ARTISTS said...

Thanks for the heads up. I would never have remembered that it was here and would have been an hour late to work on monday.

Jessica said...

Blah. Winter. I am OVER it.

sara said...

I am right there with ya!! I hate winter!