Happy first day of Spring! Hooray for flowers, and bees, and all things springy.
But if today is any indication of how spring is going to be, then bring on some more snow and lets start over!
Today started out great, grand, wonderful. I medium stayed in bed too long, but still miraculously had enough time to put make-up on (that's huge for me). I was able to eat breakfast, visit with Jared, and there was no frost on my windshield. I put on a pair of pants that actually felt good, Brogan woke up smiling.....aaaahhh the first day of spring.
Then I am off to work. Cruising down the freeway in the fast lane and a highway patrol car comes flying passed me in the carpool lane. Why do cops get to go in the carpool lane? So doesn't follow the rules! Anywho, so there he was, I could totally see him playing solitaire on his little computer.
He slows down, I passed him. Then he speeds back up and hovers by the side of my car. I really didn't want to look over, but I knew that I had to. So I nonchalantly look over and he points at me and grabs his seatbelt and flips it, all while wearing a snarky little look on his face. So I nod, and grab mine to put it on.
He flips his lights on......
So now I have to cross three lanes of freeway traffic at 7:50 am on a Friday morning so this a$$hole can do his thing over a damn seatbelt.
Yay! Happy Spring!
After many foul words escaped my mouth, I was over to the side of the freeway, digging through my purse for my drivers license. My registration, that expired last month, consisted of the temporary paper that I printed off cause I barely renewed it Tuesday. Phew-close one! My insurance card is home, in a pile of shiz, on the kitchen counter cause when I got them in the mail like 2 months ago, I was too lazy to do anything with them.
So Mr. Coppy isn't very happy. He takes my limited amount of info back to the car. I, in the sweetest voice that I could muster up, asked if he could look it up my insurance on his computer (that he plays solitaire on and looks at porn all day). Ok, I really didn't say that last part!
He takes F.O.R.E.V.E.R. to do his stuff back there, meanwhile I am sitting in my car, muttering to myself, thinking I am going to die, cause my car was shaking from all the cars/semis do 90 mph passed me.
He comes back to the car, and gives me my stuff, and has me sign my SEATBELT TICKET! He really did it! The jerk actually gave me a ticket. Son of a B!
My personal feelings on getting pulled over on the freeway is this:
(and yes, I also felt this way prior to this morning)
If a cop pulls someone over on the freeway, especially during rush hour morning commute, it better be for something good such as:
* drinking a beer while the cop drives passed
* smoking a joint/pipe/bong
* being on the Utah's Most Wanted list
* after robbing a bank
* speeding way over the limit
* etc.
not for a seatbelt!!
After I signed the ticket, and was done with him being a jerk cause he lectured me over not having my insurance card, and that the name on the registration was one of my old last names, and blah blah blah.... I snidely asked him how I was supposed to safely get back into traffic and not get killed by the cars flying passed me. His answer-- "stay in the emergency lane and hope that people will scoot over so you can merge into traffic".
Apparently, he does not know how the general population drive--very unforgiving. I, unlike him, don't have red and blues on top of my car that cause people to panic and scoot over.
Luckily, I made it alive.
So, once again, happy freakin' spring! The weather is beautiful, but now I have to contact the city not before 5 days, but not after 14 days, to see what I owe.
Great!
**Disclaimer: To all my police family and friends-- I love you and I don't think that you are jerks, or play solitaire or look at porn; just be nice to the next person you pull over!
Mexico
15 years ago


5 comments:
What a loser cop! Obviously he has way too much time on his hands.
you crack me up,
so sorry your first day of spring was stunted to say the least.
Matt's insurance card for the green car is sitting right by the phone where it has for 6 weeks waiting for him to pick it up, walk to the garage, and deposit it into the car. It is pretty funny what we can't seem to find the time to do.
Happy Spring!!
Rachel
Hey Tori,
Curt says to tell you what caused it all. "YOU LOOKED"!!! You never ever look.
Diantha
Hmmmmm. Don't know what to say. Maybe next time avoid the eye contact :o)
So here is my scenario... (bear with me) He drove past, saw you were cute...started checking you out and decided he better pull you over and get your phone number...(He was probably winking while he flicked his seatbelt) After he figured out you were married and he had no chance with such a hot chick, he got all ticked off and ticketed you...Sounds good to me.
Post a Comment