What's up with Bluetooth's, or is it blueteeth if in plural form?, who the hell cares. I think that they are funny and make me giggle.I can totally see the safety of them when driving. That's a completely legitimate time to use one.
But walking? Really?! Is is that hard to walk and hold a phone at the same time? Let's be daring and throw in a piece of bubblegum-- are ya gonna trip and fall?
The other day, I went for an afternoon walk (while at work).
There is a beautiful parkway near my work. This guy is coming in the opposite direction, talking on his bluetooth. I giggled after he passed.
Now he wasn't some macho hot shot business man that is multitasking and needed both hands for his walk. He was just an average Joe in shorts and a T-shirt, and a stupid bluetooth in his ear.
Is it a status thing? Do you look cool with a bluetooth?
It is very "Men In Black" to me. I expect some flashy pen thing to get brought out and have my memory erased. Maybe that has happened and I don't know.....
See, blueteeth are scary!
Also, have you ever talked to someone while they are using their blueteeth? It sucks...bad. The little microphone thingy that they talk into is so far from their mouth, that you can barely hear them. But the good news is you can hear the wind really well, you can hear other cars driving by, you can hear birds chirping, the neighbor kids screaming, but as far as the person multi-tasking while talking to you ---- yeah, not so much. So much for a conversation there.
I also giggle about how stupid/insane people look wandering around the store, or where ever talking to themselves. Ok, so they are not actually talking to themselves, but to their bluetooth, but it looks like they are.
Is it a 'oh my gosh, i am so busy, i need my bluetooth so i can fold laundry and talk'
or 'wow, i totally look like Will Smith and should have a pug named Frank'
or maybe 'whoa! i can't walk and talk at the same time, so maybe I should get a bluetooth and then I can use my hands for better balance'
Who knows?
All i know, is they make me giggle.....


4 comments:
There is this guy, that used to come to the drive-up window at the bank,he was soooooo busy talking on this blue-tooth,he would just shove his stuff at me,,expect me to know what to with it,all the while talking and talking.
I don't know if he was trying to impress me with how important he was,,,but it did the complete opposite. When I would send out his reciept, he would wave at me, smile and drive off, still rambling.
I thought how impersonal our lil transaction was. Not a hello between us, not a "hows your fam?",,,,and even now when I pass him in our cars, you can see him just talking away,,,,,,Like I said,,,,,SOOOOO IMPORTANT!!!! Yeah, Right!
Yeah. It's always embarrassing when you think the person on the bluetooth is talking to you, because they're looking right at you and talking, and then when you respond you discover they weren't talking to you.
YOU CRACK ME UP!
I'm gonna have to say I concur on this thought of the whole bluetooth thing. I think it's totally rude when the person looks at you and talks but isn't talking to you...how rude. When did we become so important?
Maybe we should all get one free with our phone and then we'd all use them and stop wrecking our cars.
Post a Comment