Happy Birthday Brogan!!
My baby is 1 today! I can't believe it! The time has gone by so fast, and oh how my life has changed in the last year.


It's crazy to believe this hot dog eatin', playin' in the dirt little boy was so tiny a year ago.


I have been thinking alot lately about Brogan turning 1, and what we want to do for his birthday. But honestly, I think that it is more of a celebration of me and Jared. We need to celebrate the fact that we survived the first year. So we just might pop the cork on a bottle of wine tonight to celebrate us. Here's a few examples of what I want to celebrate today.
*I was able to get pregnant and we were lucky enough to give birth to a healthy little boy.
*Jared somehow came out alive--from my post partum bitchiness, crying, hormonal scary self.
*We lived on minimal sleep for a few months, delirium can be fun.
*Brogan has survived a first time mommy.
*Cutting eight teeth!
*Jared and I have learned so much about ourselves and each other. Our relationship is stronger.
*Watching a little teeny baby grow into a boy with such personality.
*Feeling the pain that he feels. Crying when he is sick or sad.
*Knowing the intense love that a parent feels for their children.
*Experiencing everything that a baby has to offer; first smile, first giggle, rolling over, crawling, and trying to walk. I feel like he can conquer the world when I see him learn/do something new.
I love my little man so much and he has taught me so much about myself, Jared, and life. He has put life into a different perspective for me. He makes my heart flutter like a teenager in love.
If I have the worst day ever, I know that I can go home, hear his laughter, look into his brown eyes and then I am reassured that life is ok, actually that life is grand.
Happy Birthday, My Little Man!
Here's to many more lessons learned, memories shared, tears shed, and laughter spread throughout time. Brogan, you are such a wonderful little boy. You will never know what you mean to me or how deep my love for you runs.....


9 comments:
Happy Birthday Brogan! It's crazy how fast they grow and change huh? Love all your thoughts on motherhood- they are beautiful!
Okay, you made me cry,,but they are good tears.
I am glad such a sweet lil boy has come into yours and Jared's lives.
There is nothing quite compared to a parents love for their child.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROGAN,,,,AND MANY, MANY MORE TO COME.
I can't believe he is one either! It has gone by too fast!
He is a cute little boy and you are a great mom!
Ah Tori...you made me cry, too. Perhaps it's because even now, 20+ years later, I still give thanks for my little boy (who's not so little anymore). Perhaps it's because I'm going to see him next week, before he leaves for Afghanistan, but your post touched my heart. There truly is nothing like a parent's love for their children.
Oh yeah...Happy Birthday Brogan (a day late)!!!!! (and congrats to your parents for enjoying your first year!)
Tori, your baby is beautiful (in a very boyish way!) I am glad you are doing so well.
Liz
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Brogan! It's all down hill from here. Nikki
crying here
Happy Birthday Bobo!
It truly is a celebration of life -yours, Jared's, and his. What a great day. Being a parent is the hardest thing to describe, but you have done a pretty nice job of it. It is truly wonderful.
WOW, this has inspired me to reflect more on the last 10 months, with tears in my eyes. Congratulations Brogan, your mom has turned 1 year old, keep her busy and on her toes she has so much to learn from you. Thank goodness for her blog for I learn so much from her.
Happy Birthday baby Brogan! You're right I can't believe he's a year either! IT happens like that though. Love the stories. The car one and the gray hair one is freakin' funny! I miss ya! Take care and enjoy that boy he's growing so fast pretty soon he'll be dating......Just kidding
Post a Comment