We drove up to the south end of Mill Meadow, and cast our poles in. Actually, I didn't fish. I new I would be busy helping the girls, and sometimes it's just nice to sit back, relax, and enjoy it.

Here is Jaislyn's fish. It was a perch, which don't taste very good so we set it free. She was irritated that she caught a "twirp", that is what she kept calling it.It was her first time fishing, and I think that she had a blast reeling him in.

My little Bug-- not scared of a wriggling, slimy worm. She baited her own hooks all day.

Here is Taylors prize. She caught herself a brown trout. He was a tough reel for her. I think at one point she thought that she was going in. When she got the fish to shore, Jared went over to help her and there was a halfway eaten little fish hanging out of its mouth. It sounds gross, but it was kinda cool.
It was a beautiful afternoon, even though we had the occasional rain shower. During the rain was when the it was the best fishing. I enjoyed watching the girls play, teaching Jaislyn how to cast, listening to them giggle, and going for a walk with Jared.
Oh, how I miss living down there!

Here is Taylors prize. She caught herself a brown trout. He was a tough reel for her. I think at one point she thought that she was going in. When she got the fish to shore, Jared went over to help her and there was a halfway eaten little fish hanging out of its mouth. It sounds gross, but it was kinda cool.
It was a beautiful afternoon, even though we had the occasional rain shower. During the rain was when the it was the best fishing. I enjoyed watching the girls play, teaching Jaislyn how to cast, listening to them giggle, and going for a walk with Jared.Oh, how I miss living down there!


1 comment:
she is a natural - baiting her own hooks! Good job Taylor!
What a great time, I miss it too.
Post a Comment