Lady: "Ummmm, Hi! You really don't want to witness me trying to back that trailer down. Will you please help me?"
Man: (gives totally weird look)
Lady: "I have $2 that I will give you..... I swear I will end up wrecking and it won't be pretty!"
Man: (smiling a little smirk)
Lady: (peering into the backseat of his truck) "Your kids are really cute.... ummm will you pleeease help me?!" (pleading eyes, look of desperation)
Man: "Ok, ok I will back you down. But can you pull it back up?"
Lady: "Yep! Thanks so much!!!"
Yeah, that was me on Saturday!
I have a very strong fear/aversion to backing up any sort of trailer-ish type of thing.
We went boating on Saturday and Jason, who was there to help launch the boat, totally ditched out and left me hanging. I completely suck at backing things up.
I am going to blame it on the fact that my high school did not do a Harvest Ball my senior year, so I was unable to master such skills. (if you have no idea what Harvest Ball is, then ask someone from Wayne County) So thanks alot, Mr. Elmer and FFA. Really, could have used your help!
So I was in charge of backing the Blazer down the boat ramp to load the boat. I really wanted to cry. I do not do so well under pressure. I was in line waiting and there were about 8 vehicles lines up behind me. That is the equivalent of about a million people watching! Plus, they were loading triple wide on the ramp.
Yeah, right! Like I can back down between 2 very nice trucks AND boats and no one/nothing gets injured. I know better than that!
I had to figure something out, so I text Jared, who was on the boat, to let him know I was going to bribe someone, anyone, to help me.
So I did what any chick in a swimming suit, with way hot boating hair would do.
I put on my best smile, perked up the cleavage, got out of my car and walked back to the unsuspecting fool behind me.
Apparently, it worked! Because I did not back the trailer in -- Mark, the big Samoan in the big blue Dodge did!
I guess I still gotta a little bit of 'damsel-in-distress' vibe that I can put off........
........or I just looked really pathetic and he didn't want to see the disaster that was about to ensue.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Nice work. I play the damsel in distress card as much as I possibly can.
Good job,,It was your cleavage and smile that done the trick,,,lol
Just kidding,,,Glad the guy in the blue dodge came to your rescue.
What the? I thought you were over being a wimp in your life.... I figured after all the crazy things you've experienced thus far in life one of them would've been backing up a trailer... guess you and Jared should spend some quality time practicing before your next trip and then you can be the master woman.
Misty
Tori, I can totally relate! Picture the scene...me in my truck, pulling a U-Haul trailer, stuck in a "dead end" parking lot (which I had entered thinking I'd be able to pull the U-Haul around the lot and back out the entrance...wrong). My mother was out of the truck, trying to direct me backing up the trailer to try to get out of the damned parking lot. (I really was trying to turn the stupid thing the right way...which is really the wrong way...). My mom yelling, "no the other direction" as I came extremely close to the parked car that was in my way. Now picture this scenario lasting about 20 minutes, with us totally blocking the way into, or out of, the parking lot.... Fortunately, a really nice guy finally asked me if I would like some help to back the trailer up; actually, he just wanted to get his car out of the parking lot...but I'll still think he was a nice guy. There's something in the XX-gene combination that makes it difficult for women to back up towed vehicles. At least that's my excuse.....
I'm the same way. Whenever we'd back our jetskiis into the water I would freak out because the water would come up to the bumper and I was positive the wheels would lose traction and everything would just slide into the lake. Terrified me.
dang Wayne High and that Mr Elmer! But to tell you the secret, Kelly Albrecht rode with all of us and would tell us "now left, now right, straigten it out, other way" He was a life saver!!
Still not comfortable with backing ANY trailer, LeEllen was right about that chromosome thing!
Rachel
by the way, I thought of you the other day when we went swimming and I had to change a nasty swim diaper!
Rachel
Post a Comment