Thursday, July 16, 2009

Amazing Man of Mine

Last night was a long night.

I had a sad little boy. I think he had a tummy-ache. All he wanted was his mommy, to lay on his mommy, to make sure mommy got no sleep.

I spent most of the night in the rocking chair/recliner we have in his room.

At 6:00 am, my alarm clock, in my room, went off.

It sounds like a flock of geese honking at you. It is horrible and I hate that damn thing.

Jared couldn't hear it.

I had a decision to make. Brogan had just gotten back to sleep. I didn't want to yell from his room and risk waking him up, but I didn't want to get up and go in there and risk waking him up.

So, I waited a few more minutes....

.....the sound of a blaring alarm clock can really grate on my nerves when I am sleep-deprived.

I can only take so much in the early morning hours.

I covered Brogans ears and hollered, "Jared!", is the most whispery yell that I could muster.

I got back a gruff, "What", then he realized why I was so rudely waking him up and he pushed snooze.

Exactly 9 minutes later....... deja vu.

Me doing a whisper/yell, Jared huffing and rolling over to turn the alarm off, but this time the little man woke up.

Question: How can my sweet husband sleep through the sound of that clock blaring into the silent morning, but he can hear me over the sound of the clock, doing a whisper/yell from another room?

He never ceases to amaze me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

first off, I hate making those 'do I really want to risk waking him up' decisions. Hate them.
Second, wow, Jared is amazing. truly
third, so sorry your man is not feeling well
fourth, even more sorry you are not getting sleep. I have had recliner nights and they suck.
fifth - I hope things get better soon

rachel