I remember when I first saw Jared.
He thinks that I don't--but I do.
I remember his smile.
I can tell you exactly what shirt he had on.
It was a long sleeved, light blue, waffley thermal shirt.
I remember dancing with him that night.
I remember his laughter.
I remember his blue, blue eyes.
I didn't get an epiphany from God that this was the man for me, that happened later.
But I do remember that night.
My life was in a mess of all messes. I had gone off the deep end and was drowning miserably. I thought that I had people in my life that cared for me, but I didn't. I had my family, but I know they felt helpless in my plight.
I was drowning and my "friends" were watching.
No one could help me.
No one would throw me a rope, a lifevest, nothing....
they just watched.....
.....maybe they were drowning with me.
Jared's blue eyes and inviting smile was my buoy.
Jared, thank you for saving me on that cold January night. I know that we had only met that night, but you threw me a rope to hold on to. I just needed to do the work, to stop myself from drowning.
Mexico
15 years ago


5 comments:
I am also grateful that Jared came into your life.
I think you were ready to come back to us,,, to find "the Tori" that we all knew and loved,,,, It just took someone to give you the love and self-confidence that you needed, and deserved.
And we are so glad to have "our Tori".
that is so sweet, I am crying right now
Me too!(what rachel said)
Good Post. Now I need a tissue. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment