Monday, October 12, 2009

'MmmBye

The word "'mmmbye" totally cracks me up! I think it is so funny to be in the process of getting off the phone with someone and they say 'mmmbye. I just giggle and smile...and say bye.


Well, there are some childhood memories of that..... anyway.....


Here is my thought process:


'Mmmbye is not shortened from anything, like say goodbye, so why do people say it?


I don't think that it is necessarily bad, just funny.....to me.


I guess, it's kinda like opening your mouth when you feed a baby....completely innocent, but makes me giggle.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

What makes me giggle is that I have never heard your sister say goodbye first. She can not end a conversation even with mmmmmbye! Oh and you make me giggle.
When are you going to come up?

Anonymous said...

I think it is like there's nothing else to say and I am afraid you'll be offended if I just say bye, so I will gently break it to you by saying mmmbye.

You make me giggle too!

Mindy

Jessica said...

I agree. Mmmbye is funny. Also, I wish more people said "mmmmyes" like the butlers on old movies. That's funny too.