I am not a lover of scary-ness.
I like Halloween, I think it's fun, I love to see all the kids dressed up in their costumes, but there is always the scary parts....and I don't like those parts.
I have a very active imagination. I can make certain situations into totally different situations, in my head, that is. I am the best at analyzing "what-ifs" and "what would I do's" and all that.
Case in point:
Last night Jared took Taylor back to her moms. Brogan was in bed. I happily parked my butt on the living room floor to cut coupons for my fanstastic shopping trip to Smiths. It was quiet in my home, no music playing, no kids, just....quiet.
Until, I hear a scary, scary noise outside.
Right outside my front room door.
The blinds are open, so whoever it is can see me, my every action.
If I look up, I might see Freddie Krueger or Michael Myers, or worse--they have teamed up to slaughter me!!
So I sit there, happily (fake happy) humming away, clipping coupons, not making eye contact with the window, no quick-movements, thinking,
"oh my hell Jared--how long does it take you to take Taylor home--don't you realize I am about to die and your headlights could scare Freddie and Michael away .....or at least they will attack you and not me then I can jump up and call 911 and save everyone!!!"
I sat there, for what felt like forever, telling myself that there are no scary creatures/monsters/serial killers outside my front door waiting to kill me.
It's just my blind dog bumping around in the night!!
Side note: we are going to a haunted house/forest/something tonight for a date. Not excited--I really, really, really hate to be scared....
Paul and Tamara
13 years ago


3 comments:
Your silly!! I want to know more about the coupons!! this is one of my new favorite things!
I empathize so totally! I hate scary noises when no one's home. Of course, they aren't scary when people are around. Have fun tonight!
poor old Donkee
gotta love that sweet dog
Post a Comment