Tuesday, October 20, 2009

this years Christmas wish list

I asked Taylor what she wanted for Christmas this year. Here is her list:

a violin
a harp
a diamond--it can be a fake one
a leaf dress
a stick with a ribbon tied to the end of it
a car thingy that she can drive


So, I started asking questions.

She doesn't was a diamond ring or necklace, she wants A DIAMOND that she can "play with", but it can be fake.

She wants a violin and a harp, but not lessons, just to "play with".

I have no idea what a leaf dress is, and after further questioning, she didn't either.

The stick with a ribbon, that's to dance with. Probably the only thing on her list that's do-able.

I am not even going to touch the "car thingy that she can drive". That one worries me. She is clearly too big for a power-wheels, so I don't really want to know.

I think after much questioning and discussing I am still at square one with her Christmas list.

Anyone, know what to get an 8 year old girl (that's going on 15) for Christmas? She is so in-between the little girl stuff and the big girl stuff.

Help?

10 comments:

Jeannie said...

those diamonds you can find in the souvenir section at gas stations my friend just got some for her boys they are decent size and all colors, if you happen to go through Beaver they have them at the south exit gas station.. good luck i have no idea what to get my 6 year old...

Jenny said...

Leaf as in "fig"? I love the diamond, just to play with diamond!

Mark,Kim, Jordan,Tanner said...

I feel your pain!! Last year all jordan wanted was a ride on Scooter! it was $200 but thats all she got! Good Luck!

Mark,Kim, Jordan,Tanner said...

I feel your pain!! Last year all jordan wanted was a ride on Scooter! it was $200 but thats all she got! Good Luck!

Kate said...

I just get cooking stuff for everyone :) It doesnt matter how old you are...you still need to eat!

If she needs any "official" CIA gear, I can get it and bring it with me when I come home for the holidays!

sinika said...

Elliott has a treasure box and one day we were at that antique store on Lehi main st. and he fell in love with those huge fake diamonds- he wanted to put it with the rest of his treasures. Adam got him a blue one, but they have diff. colors. Turns out he's the envy of his friends. That's all they want to play with when they come over. Adam always knows what the good gifts are. (I thought it was lame and wouldn't get it....)

Tacey said...

I totally agree about the "in between stage"!! My Taylor is there as well. About the stick with a ribbon thing- Did you ever show her your ribbon dance from drill team?? Maybe you could get her one and then teach it to her:)

LeEllen said...

Ah....well my soon to be 7-year-old granddaughter has informed everyone that she wants a cell phone for her birthday or for Christmas....somehow I don't think that's going to happen.

Kar said...

If you find a leaf dress let me know. That sounds like something I need.

Rachel said...

i like the stick thing, easy peasy!!