So I guess the thing to do is to post about the passing of 2010 and the beginning of 2011 and how great this new year is going to be.
I just reminisced by going back through all of my 2010 posts. I have to say, 2010 didn't really suck for me. It was an ok year, not a stellar year, but an all around good year. It kicked 2009's ass, I CAN tell you that!
I think my main regret after looking at my old posts, is that I didn't enjoy the summer enough.
I miss summer.
I could just be saying that because right now I am cuddled up to a space heater, freezing my arse off in this fantastic January weather. I probably really did enjoy the summer months enough, but right now I would give my left eyeball to bask in the sunshine, eating an otterpop, while playing in the kiddie pool with my kids......
......can you feel the heat on your skin?...............
..........maybe that's just me getting too close the space heater......
Ok, back to reality.
Basically, I can't complain about 2010. There were a few sucky times, but most of it was really good.
*We went to Hawaii on vacation.
*We had some awesome camping and boating trips.
*Jared killed both a deer and an elk.
*Spent time with family.
*Watched our children grow and learn new things.
*We made some really great memories.
I am not much of a New Years Resolution kind of gal. Most goals are set too lofty, then you fail, and feel like crap. But in looking forward to 2011 I do want to set a few.....intentions. I will call them intentions, because then if I do not complete them, I don't have to eat a whole family size bag of M&M's while feeling crappy that I did not complete my goals.
Intentions. Yeah, I like that.
In 2011 I intend to:
(in no particular order)
*dejunk my house. I have a lot of stuff that hasn't been used in years. I need to dejunk and get rid of some crap.
*spend more time with family. By this I mean, Jared and I's siblings and parents. We are all scattered a bit, and we do not see each other enough.
*put lots of fun stuff in bottles. You know about my bottling fetish right?
*be more helpful and serve more.
*enjoy the little things in life.
Thats it.
So goodbye 2010 and hello 2011.
Paul and Tamara
13 years ago


3 comments:
It all sounds like very good intentions.
Great intentions. Good luck for 2011. I'm feeling hopeful for a good year this year.
I was feeling the sunshine and loving the feel of the grass on my extremely winter hairy legs until i realized that my leg hair may be as long as the grass!! WINTER BAAAA!
Please don't give up your left eyeball, spring will be here soon. Already the days are lengthening and yesterday we hit 26 degrees and I thought we were having a heat wave with all the snow that turned into slush!
Good intentions, i like it. I have alot of crap to get rid of, I should bottle some more, I should serve some more, and I am all about getting together more often.
Good work!
By the way, my legs are not as bad as I made it seem.
Rachel
Post a Comment