So I have been singing my own version of the song "Mamma's gonna buy you a Mockingbird" for quite sometime now. I made it up when Brogan was just little, I think I got all the kinks worked out by the time he was about 4 or 5 months old and it hasn't changed since then.
I never knew the whole song, just the first few lines. So while sitting in my rocking chair, rocking my sweet boy I had to make up my own version--and it is soooooo redneck!
I thought I would share my beautiful redneck song with you. Brogan asks for it, but it has been changed from the "mockingbird song" to the "Rockingbird song" and he corrects me if I screw up.
Here goes.....
Hush little baby, don't say a word
Mamma's gonna buy you a rockingbird
and if that rockingbird won't sing
mamma's gonna buy you a diamond ring
and if that diamond ring won't shine
mamma's gonna buy you (this is where it gets good) a bottle of wine
and if that bottle of wine goes flat
mamma's gonna buy you a pretty brown cat
and if that pretty brown cat gets shot
mamma's gonna but you a truck that's real hot
and if that truck goes to slow
mamma's gonna buy you a huntin bow
and if that bow won't kill a deer
mamma's gonna buy you a case of beer
and if that beer has to much foam
mamma's gonna buy you a brand new comb
and if that comb won't tame your hair
mamma's gonna buy you a bottle of Nair.......
Now isn't that just beautiful?
I really wonder what damage I am doing to my son by placing these thoughts in his head subconsiously!
Paul and Tamara
13 years ago


5 comments:
Ha,ha,ha,ha - I'm sure no more damage than if that cat runs away... but really, I think we've all made up our own version of the lullaby. Mine is a little less redneck, but still it isn't the original, I'm sure.
Oh Tori, all I have to do if I am having a bad day is pull up your blog. You make me laugh so hard!
oh my goodness
quite a bit of alcohol talk for the 2 year old, but other than tha, I think it is perfect - especially the cat getting shot. I think you and I are the only ones that can REALLY relate to that happening. and appreciate it!!
well at least I didnt say a cat gettin eating by Aunt Barbaras car right?
lol
It made me giggle, very original.
Post a Comment