Friday, August 31, 2007

Summer of '07

Well, as we all know summer has come to end, mostly. It is still quite warm, but everyone can feel the chill of fall in the air. My summer as been an exceptionally great one. Let's go over the details, shall we.
1.) I quit my job at the hospital, which honestly gave me back my sanity. No more late nights on call at the ER getting puked on by sick or drunk people. No more looooooong shift running my arse off. Now, at my new job, I get off work at 4:30 or 5:00 instead of 7:00 and I have all my evenings and weekends free. I feel so liberated!! Like I have all the time in the world. Every weekend off instead of 1 per month!! Whoa!
2.) We went on a weekend motorcycle ride to Colorado with my parents over Father's Day weekend. We went down through Moab, over to Ouray, over the "million dollar highway" to Silverton, to Durango, Cortez, back to Moab, then home. It was so much dang fun! Yes, my butt hurt alot--one day we did 320 miles-that's alot for a rookie rider. The ride between Ouray and Silverton was so beautiful! If you have not taken that ride--you should! Amazing! It was so much fun to spend that time with my parents! They are a hoot! I am lucky enough to consider my mom and dad some of my best friends. The ride back into Moab was hot! Beyond hot! Holy crap oley!! It was about 105 degrees-the wind felt like the breath of the devil blowing in your face. If I could have, I would have rode nude--but then again the black seats would have burned me! That part of the ride sucked. But all in all, I would not have traded that trip for anything.
3.) 5 days at Flaming Gorge with Jared's fam. I just love his family! We had such a great time together, and they are so mcuh fun! Other than Jason mutilating his poor foot--it was wonderful! We fished, skiied, cliff-jumped (off little ones), played, rode 4-wheelers, laughed, and just had a great time. I couldn't ask for a better bunch of people to be married to!
4.)Sitting on Jason and Brenda's back patio overlooking Utah Lake and the mountains (without worying about a pager going off!!) I love to go over to Jason and Brenda's, sitting around and just talking. We can always find things to talk about. Me and Brenda have momentary fits of giggles when we are together. I love Brenda like a sister!!
5.) And best of all.....spending time with Jared and Taylor. We have had a great summer together. Even just the nights of sitting on our porch watching Taylor ride her bike. I love being with my family. I love the stress-freeness (it's totally a word!) of this summer. We have been able to do whatever, whenever. Leisurely rides through AF canyon on the bike, going boating, family bike rides with Taylor around the neighborhood, and just being! I love the nights of just being! Nothing much going on--just hanging out with my baby!
I know that summer is coming to a close, and I am very excited about fall. It is my favorite time of year. We have lots of things planned, mosty geared around hunting. I will definately look back at this summer with lots of great memories.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun summer!!!!!!! I am envious of how out dorsey and active your darling family is. You seem to have a great bunch of family on both sides which is always nice:D Like you, I luuuuuv fall....it's my favorite season. I just wish it lasted longer. To me, camping in the fall is awsome. Good luck on your hunting season....catch a fish for me if you go fishing....I have the worst luck and it doesn't help that I am obsesed with it and my husband doesn't fish. His excuse is that he doesn't like the taste. I keep telling him it's about the game! Anyway, hope your fall is as good as your summer!

Rachel said...

Cute summer explanation, good times. I am glad there was no nude riding going on though.
I am also happy you ARE stress free and are enjoying the goodness of life.

Anonymous said...

Tori,,, You are so good with words,,,You should consider a writing career when your old and retired,,,,We enjoyed the bike ride too,,,,, it was great fun,,Your dad really pushed out the miles that one day,,,,but we had such a "groovy" time.
You deserve some good times, and i think from on,,,You and Jared will make some awesome memories.