Jared and I had a really fun weekend! We went and floated the Provo River with my sis and some of her Heber friends! The water was super cold!! 50 degrees! It took about 1 hour 45 mins. to go down. In order to stay out of the rocks/trees/banks you have to flap your arms like oars to steer yourself. Jared was really good at that and never got into any trouble, but his arms paid for it. The tubes had a canvas like cover on them and he flapped his arms so much that they now (3 days later) look like this........

Ouch!! Not very fun. They were rashed for awhile and now they
have scabbed over. Elbow cracks is not the place to get hurt.
He went and rode 4-wheelers with his dad & brother on Sunday
and they got dirty and gross---probably didn't help!
Me, on the other hand, was not the best arm-flapper!! I was always in the rocks and branches. One branch about knocked me off, I had to catch it with my foot and lift it up over my head and float under it. The water flows alot faster than you think!! I have no idea when I got this bruise on my knee, probably from some random rock that I banged into, but it kinda hurts! (The camera does not do justice for the injury :) ) It didn't really help today, at work, when I quickly came out of my CT scanner room and banged it on the desk.
These are scrapes/bruises on my other leg from tree limbs that I floated into.
This weekend war wound is from Saturday night. We were swimming at Jared's brothers house and Jared was dunking all of us. Well, Patti and I decide to gang up on him and dunk him. Next thing I know, WHAM!, in the midst of trying to take down my husband, his forehead whacked me in the eye. Luckily, he was holding onto me good, cause it stunned me and I probably would have drowned!! It hurt pretty good! Needless to say, I got out of the pool shortly after. So Dad, No, my husband does not beat me! He is very worried cause I look like a battered wife. The legs really don't help the situation!

All in all, we had a really fun weekend! One of those that Monday morning comes WAY too soon.
3 comments:
Sounds like fun, but looks way hurty,,,,!!!
The price we pay to have fun,,,oh well,,,summer is going by way too fast.
good times. It always seems like I need a bit of pain or unexpected complication to make my experiences remain memorable. Looks like this weekend met the requirements of being memorable.
holy crap! you all should have sat up like me, the only thing i got was one bonk on the ankle from a killer rock while I was surfing! I am so sorry about those arms! Oh yeah, and that bruise that will nice and yellow here in a couple of days!
rachel
Post a Comment