Thursday, July 3, 2008

My Bacon Girl



OK, so I have a funny story about my little Taylor. Right now she is in Florida with her grandma on the other side, she has been there for over a month (way too long, but I am not getting into that) anyway, she has been going to a day camp and there is a little 5 year old boy that has been doting on her and thinks that she is just the cutest girl ever. The little boy has a piece of candy.......

boy: : "if I give you think candy will you kiss me?"

Taylor: "No" which of course, I was very proud of and actually thought that she punched him, cause that is what I have told her to do, so I thought that I, being mom-Tori, was in trouble with her grandma for telling her to hit people.

Taylor:"but I will kiss you if you bring me bacon."

Well, the little boy had bacon on his sandwich that day, and offered it to Taylor so he could get a kiss.

Taylor: "I don't want your soggy bacon, I only want crispy bacon!"

So I guess that if you want anything from my little sweetheart, all you gotta do is offer her CRISPY bacon! She is a bacon lover. She has gotten quite mad at Jared for eating the last piece of bacon at breakfast.

Update on Brogan:

We had his 2 month appointment the other day. He weighs 11 lbs. 10 oz (50th percentile), he is 24 1/4 inches long (90th percentile). He is going to be a tall boy. He is healthy and doing great. We got shots that day too, he was a sad boy!! He fell asleep right after, but then he woke up and was happy until he started kicking his little legs, then it was screams for awhile. He was not a happy camper. I will post some more cute pictures tonight when I get home. I am at work right now, which totally sucks. This is my second day back and I hate it! He is home with Jared, so at least I know that he is in good hands.

3 comments:

Kellee and Courtney said...

I would do a lot for bacon too. I can see where she is coming from. I told my daughter the same thing about kissing. Unfortunately her mother is a better teacher/person than me and she politely refuses the kiss.

Anonymous said...

Kelsey kicked a little boy between the legs a few weeks ago. We had to have a little talk about that one. She kicked him because she was mad at him. We told her when it was appropriate to kick boys there.
So the other day I sent her across the street to the park with Kendal while I was talking to a friend within complete view of the park. Kelsey didn't want to go because someone might steal her. I told her she would be okay that I was watching very closely. She then said to me "If someone does try to steal me, I bite them, scream and kick them in the weiner." So I guess we know when we should and shouldn't kick boys now.
I am all about the crispy bacon too. None of that soggy bacon! I am still not sure if it is worth a kiss though!

Anonymous said...

Hey I like that story. It's funny what will win our hearts huh?
So as for Brogan, he IS going to be nice and tall. McKinley just had her 6 month checkup (a little late cuz she was really 7 and some) and she was only 23 inches then. They grow so fast. I hope you guys enjoy him a ton. Good luck with the work thing, I'm not sure if it ever gets better. You sit there and wonder what he's doing or if he's being good, or if whatever....... You'll get it worked out and be fine though. Take Care.
Misty