
The other night, Jared and I were watching a show about "monster snakes". It was disgusting. They were talking about these giant snakes in Florida and Venezula that eat cats, dogs, your neighbor and other random things. There was a picture of one that had eaten an alligator, but the alligators foot must have 'internally injured' the snake and it died with this alligator in it.
Totally gross!
Well, they had these men, I think they were stupid, but they were snake hunters--and they wanted to find these huge anacondas. They were trying to catch a smaller one to extract its musk to bait in a "monster" one.
So there they are, wading around in knee deep muddy swamp, barefoot, poking around the water with big sticks! Seriously!
Then this one poked a crocodile and it went berserk for a minute, flailing around and stuff. Totally gave me the heebee jeebees! If anyone knows me they know that I HATE snakes and crocodiles/alligators. In my mind, they serve no purpose.
I once started my front porch on fire to get a blow snake out, I swear it tried to eat my dog! Anyway, whole other story there.....
Watching the show, the conversation went like this...
me: "you couldn't pay me enough to go tromping around the swamp like a dumb ass with a stick looking for snakes"
jared: "are ya serious? not even for a million dollars?"
me: "hell no! I like both of my feet attached to my body"
jared: "but with a million dollars you could buy a new foot"
me: "ummm no! my feet are cute, and I kinda like them"
jared: "ahhh, I would do it for less"
So, would you be a "monster snake hunter" for a million dollars?


5 comments:
not in a million kajillion years
snakes are not my friends either
Nit in this life time! Unless it had "taken" someone I dearly loved.
Hell No! Not for even for 2 mill. an't stand the things, besides they can bite, squeeze and kill.
We watched that too. Those people are nuts!
I don't know...I think I could overcome my extreme revulsion for snakes and other crawly things for a cool Million. Maybe. I guess I'd just have to emphasize the positive; like the wonderful trip to the rain forest (or something). //smile//
Post a Comment