Friday, September 18, 2009

Hungry for a good book?

I highly, highly suggest these books to read! They are wonderful and mesmerizing and intense and exhilarating.

The Hunger Games is Book 1 of a Trilogy
Catching Fire is Book 2
Book 3 is not out yet.

I read The Hunger Games in about 2 1/2 days. It took that long because I had to sleep, be a mom and wife, and work a little bit. Couldn't set it down.



It took me about a week to read Catching Fire. I chose to drag that one out a little longer, because I don't know when the 3rd book will be coming out. But once I got going on this book, I couldn't stop.


These books will make you feel so many emotions: happy, sad, angry, strong, weak, doubtful, elated....... the list goes on.

They are the kind of books that stay in your mind for along time. I know that I will find myself thinking of Katniss Everdeen often.

So, if you are looking for your next awesome book to read, I highly, highly suggest you give Suzanne Collins and her awesome writing skills a try.


You won't be disappointed.

4 comments:

kaye valdes said...

tori, she has her own website. Maybe keep checking that and see when the next book is comming out.
kaye valdes

Tacey said...

Dang!I really have to take my test so I can start reading some good books and not about ultrasound physics!!!

Kellee and Courtney said...

Pretty great books. I have found them relatively predictable but they are highly entertaining. If you haven't read it and would like another great book try Enders Game by Orson Scott Card.

Jessica said...

I concur. My husband and I read The Hunger Games together a year ago, and we are now in the process of reading book #2. He loves it, and so do I. It's great to have a book that we can read together.