Wednesday, September 30, 2009

When you are at Walmart shopping, do you ever see that lady that looks a bit shabby? Like maybe she has had a really rough day, or possibly needs to take a shower, or even homeless.

Well, that was me tonight.

As I was walking in, I kinda giggled to myself at the sad shape Brogan and I was in. He looked as if he had been in the same outfit for a week, when really his ketchup at lunch and a danimals yogurt drink just got the better of him today. I looked like hell. My hair pulled up, dirty clothes because that same yogurt drink got the best of me too. He was in my lap as he was attempting to drink it.

We were doing a little shopping for Jared's hunting trip. Everything was going great until I put the bag of Doritos in my cart. Brogan knows exactly what that bright red bag is, and he loves Doritos. He reached back, grabbed the bag and was throwing a fit until I opened it. Now, I really don't want to be the one in Walmart with the child throwing a tantrum, so I opened the bag.

He was a little angel munching on his chips.

I went at the wrong time of day. It was a little busy at the check out line. I grabbed the latest People magazine to peruse as I waited. Brogan just kept munching away. I really wasn't paying attention to him, he was quiet.

I finally look at him and he is covered in orange Doritos. And I mean COVERED!! His face was smeared with Dorito dust mixed with slobber. He even had a crumb in his ear! He had it in his hair, and his hands were bright orange. He had a big chip hanging out of his mouth as he gives me a big cheesy (literally) grin. I kinda giggled.

Then the mo-mo of all mo-mo's gets in line behind me. (mo-mo is a high falootin mormon mom that thinks she and her kids are perfect). Her kids looked like they just stepped out of a babyGap comercial. Now seriously, what normal child is perfectly, and I mean perfectly, clean and put together at 5:30 at night. Apparently, not mine!

She gave me the stink eye as she eyed us over, and then a fake little smile. I know deep down she felt sorry for us in our sad state.

***Oh my goodness, look at this poor boy! He has been in the same outfit for at least a week, and his dirty little face, oh my--it's atrocious.....and that mother, what kind of a mother is she... to let her child eat something that *gasp* isn't paid for yet.....and her hair, I wonder if she has looked in a mirror today....***

I am sure that's what was going on in her mind, given her little look up and down and smirk.

It didn't help that in my cart was:
10 packages of Kippersnacks
8 cans of vienna sausages
4 cans of beans
Diet Coke (for me)
and other various gross manly camping food.

So, I continued to giggle to myself and goo goo gaa gaa over my orange-faced boy. I let him feed me soggy chips and give me Dorito/slobber kisses, all in my own entertainment of watching her disgust.

I paid for my food, looked back at mommy mo-mo and laughed.

I try to find entertainment on all of my shopping trips to Walmart, cause there are always strange people there.

Tonight it was me!!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I wish I could have been there giggling with you.
mo mo was really thinking "what a sweet mom, she lets her angel boy give her slobbery orange kisses. they love eachother and I can tell. I should run back and let my little urchins eat a bag of doritos and see if we can have as much fun as they are"
that is what she was really thinking

glad you can find entertainment out of it all - especially the kipper snacks! tell me he doesn't like the ones in mustard, please!!

Jessica said...

I can't get through a grocery shopping trip without opening at least one item to appease my kid. Last time it was two items. Some mom's may judge...screw 'em.

mom said...

Toooo funny,,, It made me giggle.
So I guess the moral of the story is, Ya just never know!!
I love doritos too, I may need to borrow Brogan for an excuse to open them.

Jenny said...

I am pretty sure that at least once a day, someone comments under their breath about me "did she even look in the mirror before she left the house!"
I am who I am. - Popeye

Kippersnacks, really I had never even heard of kipper snacks until I married Brian. I guess it is a hunting thing!
BTW if you are going to get a kiss you might as well get a snack with it!
My issue in stores is I look like that and I talk to the mo mo ladies behind me, asking them if their child might want a orange chip! We share our non paid for items.

MiStY said...

Lovely painting of the picture. I felt like I was there personally. The only thing that I saw differently was that the mom wished she wasn't as uptight as she is and that she felt comfortable enough to walk out in public looking so happy and secure. Also, if there was any judgement passed it was because of the nasty crap in your cart. Why do men like those kinds of food? I mean, unless they're planning on going out for months and getting to the starving stage before eating I could understand, but it's actually planned and looked forward to. So there, she wasn't even really paying attention to your looks but rather the items of nastiness glaring at her.

Kate said...

hehe mo-mo. I have seen them. lol

have you seen peopleofwalmart.com?
because the dorito and messy hair extravaganza is NOTHING compared to what some people have seen in a Wal Mart.