Taylor: "Am I a girly-girl Mom?" as she is hanging from the monkey bars.
Me: "No, honey, I think you are a tomboy."
Taylor: "But my other mom was a girly-girl, so am I one?"
Me: "No, you are tomboy. You love to ride 4 wheelers, go fishing, and get dirty."
Taylor: "Well, yeah." while going across the monkey bars skipping a bar.
Me: "Girly-girls are afraid to get dirty or mess their hair up or get hurt."
Taylor: (wearing a look of astonishment) "I like to get dirty!"
Me: "I know you do."
Taylor: "I don't care if my hair gets messed up or my clothes get dirty. I just like to have fun. That's what life is all about!"
Me: (wearing a look of astonishment at the divine wisdom of my 8 year old)
Taylor: "Do girly-girls spit on their hands?" as she spits in the palm of her hand.
Me: "Nope, girly-girls think that spit is gross and full of germs."
Taylor: "That's dumb! If I spit on my hands that I can hold on to the bars better!" now she is hanging on the top bar, about 4 feet off the ground, where a swing should be attached.
Me: "That's right. You need some traction on those hands."
Taylor: "Are girly-girls afraid to fall?" *plop* she hits the ground.
Me: "Yes, they are honey, cause they might get hurt."
Taylor: "Were you a girly-girl when you were little?"
Me: "Nope."
Taylor: "Was Dad a tomboy?"
Me: (giggling) "Honey, tomboy is only in reference to girls--not boys."
Taylor: "Then was he a boyly-boy?" Now she is walking along the outside of the monkey bars, balanced on the top.
Me: "Yes, honey, Dad was a tough boy."
Taylor: "I sure am glad that I am not a girly-girl, cause it sounds like they don't have any fun."
Meanwhile, Jared gets home.
Taylor: "Dad, am I a girly-girl or tomboy?"
Dad: "You got quite a bit of tomboy in ya, baby girl, but there is nothing wrong with that."
Taylor: "Were you a boyly-boy Dad?"
Dad: (giggling) "I guess you could say that."
Taylor: "Did you do tough boy things growing up?"
Dad: "Yeah, honey, I did. And I sure didn't grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth."
Taylor: "Why would you want a silver spoon in your mouth?"
Dad: "I didn't, honey."
Paul and Tamara
13 years ago


4 comments:
Cute, cute,and yes, I would agree, she is very much a tom-boy,and thats a good thing.
"Wisdom from the mouth of babes..."
I can so imagine the look on her face during this conversation. She is such a beautiful tomboy and so sweet.
love the silver spoon thing, so great
Tori it gives me such joy to read what you write,of daily routine hum drum things that come to life when you write them down.I am truly blessed to know you and a better person because I read the your writings and it makes me look closer at the little things in life that makes us so happy. I find myself smiling while I am reading even if I crying sometimes LOve you Mom E
Post a Comment